This position is available as a Remote position as well as locally in Cookville, TN.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr Requirements Analyst position is responsible for gathering the system requirements from the customer with sufficient detail that they can support development, implementation and testing later in the development lifecycle. This role supports the Software Release and CM process as packages are migrated through environments. NATSS is supporting 34+ applications across multiple environments in the AWS cloud.
The Sr Requirements Analyst position is also responsible for performing Jira administration to configure and maintain the Requirements Management tool in support of the SDLC process.
- Analyzes business needs, typically in the form of a system change request (SCR); identify and prepare requirements documentation to include writing requirement specifications and user stories, developing process models.
- Facilitates requirement elicitation sessions with stakeholders and subject matter experts (SME) as well as internal team members and Customers external to company. Lead System Requirements Review (SRR) to achieve formal approval of requirements.
- Mentors other Requirement Analysts by providing technical knowledge and conducting peer review of their requirements.
- Serves as the Deputy Requirements Lead by providing management support, such as status reporting to upper management.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and performs in depth analysis to identify requirements. Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Configures and maintains Requirements Management Tool, which is a plug-in to Jira. Able to determine best method to implement desired business process within the tool. Document setup. Write work instructions to enable end users to perform steps.
- Provides expertise on continuous process improvement strategies, organizational redesign, change management projects, and performance measures for basic business process engagements.
- Defines and develops business processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics.
- Conducts analysis of business processes: current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment, and other related tasks
- Plans and implements process improvements, including: future state design, change management, and transition planning
- Interfaces with all areas of project including customer, computer services, and client services
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established standards and agency guidelines
- Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance
- Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet guidelines
- Coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls
- Deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control
- May perform cost and benefit analysis, and may be involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards
- Identifies and communicates outstanding issues and initiates resolution activities
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
Target salary range: $145,001 - $155,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.