SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the AFAMS in Orlando, FL. The Simulator Common Architecture Requirements and Standards (SCARS) Information Assurance analyst will:
- Conduct the review of security requirements and certification and accreditation issues associated with LVC-OT systems, networks, and ranges.
- Serve as a member of the LVC Authorizing Official cyber security staff, with responsibility for ensuring Information Assurance and Computer Security is incorporated in full life cycle of systems in computer and network infrastructure at all classification levels.
- Develop, improve, and implement Computer Network Defense (CND) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) programs on multiple unclassified and classified networks and systems.
- Support certification and accreditation processes, such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), Continuous Monitoring (CM), and assists in development and implementation of plans of action and milestones (POA&M).
- Develop and report relevant metrics and information on Information Assurance, RMF, CM, CND, and security control status of networks and systems.
- Develop and provide Information Assurance and CND training, guides and instructions. Independently plans, organizes, prioritizes, and develops schedules to deliver program objectives on schedule and within budget while adhering to DoD regulations and changing situations.
- Provides overarching Air Force advice and assistance on establishing an Enterprise Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) standardized architecture that will interoperate and seamlessly integrate within the framework of DoD CIO IT Strategy-this requires coordinating parallel DoD and AF initiatives to migrate net-centric activities toward a cloud based approach.
- Position will have the following priorities:
- (1) assists the government to ensure the LVC-Operational Training centralized foundational management team develops a plan and implements accordingly the capabilities to utilize and optimize network application traffic, improve manageability of the enterprise with centralized infrastructure management tools, and deploy end user functionalities faster by further automating the software/simulation real-time deployment process;
- (2) assists the government in assessment of systems engineering plans;
- (3) assists the government to ensure LVC-OT IT design/development alignment and adherence with SAF/CIOA6 and AFCS guidance. Conduct all activities at security levels as required by client to include Special Access Programs.
The following skills are required:
- 5 years minimum as an Information System Manager or Certifying Assessor Representative
- Experience with Information Assurance and Cybersecurity; Experience with DIACAP and RMF
- Working knowledge of eMASS
- Experience in applying information systems security principles and concepts and project management principles
- Experience in applying information systems security concepts and methods across multiple IT disciplines; Experience with Operational Air Force systems
- DoD Directive 8570 IAM II compliance, i.e., Certified Authorization Professional
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
A TS/SCI security clearance is required for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.