Job ID: 2018121
Location: SCOTT AFB, IL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are seeking a Data Analyst to work at United States Transportation Command's (USTRANSCOM) Logistics Sustainment Division to begin an exciting a challenging career with SAIC. USTRANSCOM's mission is to provide full-spectrum global mobility solutions and related enabling capabilities for supporting customers' requirements.
As a member of a team of technical and functional logistics experts, this position requires an individual to be able to help design, develop, implement, and maintain IT solutions support USTRANSCOM and the Department of Defense.
· Translates application and end user system requirements into technical requirements.
· Analyzes and solves complex problems, making recommendations as needed, applying creative, in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge.
· Supports applying a systematic, engineering approach to the design, architecting, requirements elicitation, development, operation and use of cloud technologies and platforms.
· Leverages software-, platform- and infrastructure- as-a-service to deliver solutions.
· Develops proof of concepts, demonstrates capabilities to customers, and conducts prototyping of Cloud solutions
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology (IT), business with 2 years of experience (0 years with a Masters). Additional 5 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree. The right applicant will be self-motivated, technically diverse individual that thinks outside of the box and thrives on finding solutions to difficult problems.
· Strong teamwork and problem solving abilities
· Strong skill sets in Software or System Architecture design
· Experience with public cloud providers (Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
· Experience with back-end development and relational databases (Teradata, Oracle, Sql Server, etc.)
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
· Knowledge/experience in Data science platforms and tools such as IBM Cloud Pak for Data
· Experience with software development in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, C#, Visual Basic
· Knowledge of BI and visualization applications such as IBM Cognos Analytics, Microsoft
Power BI or Tableau
· Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) and data virtualization a plus
· Familiarity with Department of Defense
· Familiarity with Supply Chain or Logistics processes
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.