SAIC has a contingent opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to support the US Army CCDC, C5ISR Center, Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate (NVESD). This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located at Ft Belvoir, VA.
The Electrical Engineer will work along with senior colleagues across all efforts of the NVESD customer as it relates to the development and maturation of sensors, algorithms, processing hardware and display systems for dismounted, ground vehicular and UAS platforms applications. Lead and support design efforts from concept, component selection, prototyping, and implementation through experimentation and demonstration. Thoroughly document designs and develop interface control documents as required to facilitate and support integration and test activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Possess an understanding of basic RF/Microwave concepts as applied to system integration on limited space platforms to properly address COSITE and EMI/RFI related design challenges.
- Understand fundamental RF measurements such as VSWR, distance to fault, power measurements, sensitivity measurements, and spectral analysis as applied to radios, antennas, cables, and overall communications is highly desired.
- Experienced with analytic and circuit simulation software tools such as MATLab, MultiSsim, SPICE, to assist in modeling designs for consideration prior to implementation.
- Instrumentation test and automation experience using SW applications such as LabView, HPOpenView is a plus.
- Possess an understanding of signal processing, detection and estimation with the ability to assist with the implementation of algorithms and real-time processing on candidate software defined HW/SW solutions.
- Candidate should have experience with analytic and circuit simulation software tools such as MATLab to instantiate and realize solutions through the use of software design suite of tools applied to FPGA design and commercial software defined radio environments.
- Understanding of FPGA deign Hands on experience with specialized RF test equipment such as scaler and vector analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, OTDR, power meters and general laboratory instrumentation.
- Understanding of networking technologies and applications to support the integration of platform components and system of system end to end integration.
- Networking experience will also be leveraged to support data collection efforts for experimentation and demonstration.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.