SAIC has a contingent opportunity for an experienced multi-disciplined Senior Electrical Engineer to support the US Army CCDC, C5ISR Center, Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate (NVESD). This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located at Ft Belvoir, VA.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will be expected to take on a lead role across all efforts of the NVESD customer as it relates to dismounted, ground vehicular and UAS platforms to support the development and maturation of sensors, algorithms, processing hardware and display systems.
- Lead designs from concept, simulation and prototyping to support culminating experimentation and demonstration efforts
- Work directly with the government staff and principle and other senior engineers and scientists
- Implement projects captured through Digital Engineering methods and provide timely updates on concurrent ongoing projects
- Supports the advancement of algorithm development and processing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Experience and expertise in FPGA design and high density/high speed interface applications is desirable.
- Possess an understanding of RF/Microwave concepts as applied to algorithm development and system integration on limited space platforms to properly address COSITE and EMI/RFI related design challenges.
- An understanding of RF signals detection and estimation is highly desirable to aide and implement RF detection and spectral analysis methods in hardware for real-time processing applications.
- Understands software defined platforms as they relate to FPGA deign and software defined radios (SDR).
- Has instrumentation and automation experience with specialized RF test equipment such as scaler and vector analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, OTDR, power meters and general laboratory instrumentation.
- Understands networking technologies and applications to support the integration of platform components and system of system end to end integration.
- Understands how data networking will be leveraged to architect solutions in support of data collection efforts applied to experimentation and demonstration throughout the project lifecycle.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.