SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the National Guard Bureau (NGB) in Andrews AFB, MD. The Combat Air Forces M&S PM will:
- SME for CAF ATD programs, and advises the government PM on matters relating to CAF simulator products.
- The CAF PM will apply USAF military aviator experience to assist the government in managing ATD programs for CAF units.
- Supporting trainer development activities in support of NGB/ANG fighter aircraft trainer requirements.
- The CAF PM SME will advise NGB/A5 and NGB/A3 on aircrew simulator operations and training objectives; policies, procedures, mission objectives, and organizational design; and offer quality improvements.
- Establishing metrics and analyze systems to assess efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with Air Combat Command training directives.
- Assisting with guidance related to CAF and ATD efforts, acquisition, rebasing, and long-range strategy supporting the bed down of new training devices.
- Assisting NGB evaluation teams, inspection teams, SIMCERT teams and study groups formed to evaluate sustainment support to CAF simulator resources.
- Preparing and submitting detailed analyses and/or reports with technical evaluations and recommendations for process, and procedural changes based on inspections, reviews, certifications and studies.
- Reviewing simulator contractor deliverables and advise NGB/A5 and other Government entities of potential issues/concerns.
- Coordinate the development and execution of DMO and ATD plans for CAF specified systems and related equipment that may encompass new technologies and fielding requirements.
- Assisting NGB with studies of ongoing aircrew training to evaluate DMO and ATD planning issues.
- Coordinate requirements and execution plans with contractors, peer contractors, vendors, suppliers, and government furnishing organizations.
- Inspecting, reviewing, and coordinate initial, periodic, and final design plans or products with production team and end users.
- Ensuring product delivery, testing, and sustainment activities are achieved; obtain feedback for changes or updates; ensure delivery of technical documentation and training materials.
- Performing project close-out actions such as document filing, transition to sustainment plans, equipment or inventory disposition, etc.
- Performing travel, as required, to: attend program kick-off meetings, program/product management reviews, technical interchange meetings, integrated product meetings, design reviews, and configuration control board meetings; conduct site visits to potential vendor locations to assess capabilities as part of market research; attend site visits to various production facilities and simulator bed-down locations; participate/support inspections, site surveys, inventory efforts, and acceptance testing.
The following skills are required:
- 10+ years of military 11F (fighter pilot experience)
- 5+ years of military management experience, or PMP certification
- Familiarization with ANG/USAF simulator and/or training device programs
- Experience working with NGB A3/A5 processes and personnel
- Familiarization with MS and Adobe products and tools
- BS in Engineering, or a comparable field
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
A Secret security clearance is required for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.