SAIC is seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer to support the Safety and Mission Assurance Support - 2 (SMAS-2) contract at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD. Successful candidates will provide quality assurance oversight support on a remote-sensing instrument being manufactured at GSFC.
- Support possible shift work and/or weekend work Integration and Test of instrument during some phases of the project.
- Review key contract deliverables/products and monitor compliance to plan and procedures. Review results/status from the quality audits, corrective actions, and metrics.
- Support Project milestone reviews, peer reviews, and project reviews, providing NASA assurances to requirements and readiness as appropriate.
- Communicate and ensure resolution of all noncompliance issues and/or risks. Support project discrepancy board meetings, tracking discrepancy reports, change requests, and action items throughout integration and test. Provide Quality Engineering inputs to nonconforming product dispositions and corrective actions.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to customer, providing additional inputs as needed to assist in customer presentations.
- Support activities including witnessing, handling, receiving inspection, performing or monitoring inspections and tests, reviewing documentation, and coordinating and participating in problem and failure reporting/resolution.
- Witness compliance with various procedures and requirements documents, including contamination control, clean room activities, handling equipment (slings, cranes, hydrosets), hazardous operations, and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) control.
- Ensure approved drawings and procedures are used.
- Ensure equipment calibration is in compliance with requirements.
- Prepare for (e.g. analyses, presentation materials, and other documentation) and participate in Material Review Boards (MRB), Configuration Control Boards (CCB), Failure Review Boards (FRB), and design reviews.
- Review manufacturing flow plans for adequacy and review operational check points for Mandatory Inspections Points (MIPs).
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Master’s and three (3) years or more of experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Previous Goddard experience is preferred.
- Strong electronics background is also preferred because candidate will need to do workmanship inspections.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.