SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the Warrior Preparation Center (WPC) in Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany. The Operations/Command & Control Subject Matter Expert will:
- The Operations/C2 SME will be responsible for developing and assisting in the generation of Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) mission planning materials and documentation related to Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) European Theater Operations (ETO) efforts.
- He/she will also assist in development of relevant live, virtual, constructive (LVC) scenarios to exercise IAMD concepts, plans, procedures and systems.
- He/she will provide technical assistance and will plan and organize efforts in support of operations and scenarios, to include airspace management, air defense, coalition integration, sensor system management, and data link operations.
- The C2 SME will coordinate with appropriate operational subject matter experts and assist with the development of training objectives, scenarios, and LVC vignettes for the integration of new air defense sensor in the AOR.
- The contractor will rely on modeling and simulation (M&S) to develop scenarios to verify the accuracy of test articles prior to testing and will use the same M&S to execute tests of the sensor capabilities and to exercise system concept of employment (CONEMP), as well as develop tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- He/she will also be responsible for accomplishing studies and reports and developing/updating relevant CONEMP, TTPs and tactical checklists based on those findings and develop strategies toward defensible solutions for the A3Z IAMD mission.
- The C2 SME will have in-depth knowledge of United States Air Force (USAF) planning cycles/processes.
- He/she will be responsible for developing and assisting in planning meetings to develop distributed mission operations (DMO) training, experimentation, and exercise scenarios and associated timelines with Joint partners as needed, as well as assist with event execution across air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace battlefield.
- Secondary duties also include but are not limited to: Provide effective planning, programming, and budgeting to execute resource requirements. Provide support to capture trends, user requirements, and other key issues and assist with development of critical documentation to support system resource requirements.
The following skills are required:
- Recent operational experience as a rated Air Battle Manager or equivalent with over 8 years of experience.
- Familiarity with USAF and Joint policy and doctrine as well as experience planning, organizing, and directing airspace control measures including airspace control orders, special instructions and rules of engagement, logistic and administrative support.
- Knowledge of command and control, air defense and tactical missions, coalition integration, sensor system management, and data link operations. Knowledgeable on the selection and employment of surveillance, combat, reporting and data link management systems.
- Bachelor's degree and recent experience using Microsoft Products including Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Project are desired.
- The contractor must have outstanding organizational and communications skills, and attention to detail.
- Desired Familiarity with: Experience in USAF C2 Tactical Operations Centers (Sector Operations Centers/Control & Reporting Centers) to include operations and training, especially within EUCOM, USAFE and/or NATO.
- Experience planning, coordinating and developing test articles and TTPS, as well as Joint test experience.
- Knowledge of IAMD operations and experience operating/integrating air defense systems in an LVC environment.
- Bachelors/Graduate degree in a technical field, PMP or Test & Evaluation Certifications.
A TS/SCI eligible (fully adjudicated and eligible for NATO) secuity clearance is required for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.