Overall Assignment Description:
The CIO-T/TF/TFI Integration Division, Design Branch requires Social Scientist Level 4 The contractor shall provide support for the CIO-T/TF/TFI Integration Design Branch by applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Human Factors, Marketing, or Psychology) and experience applying web usability testing methods of web user research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs). Requirements are to:
Duties may include:
- Conduct UX research (to conduct heuristic evaluations) on websites, software applications, and mobile apps for NGA’s web enterprises to enhance the NGA user’s experience.
- Design user-centered test plans across the design cycle from concept phase to post-release evaluations.
- Conduct web research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of personas, and cognitive walkthroughs) to design user-centered test plans across the design cycle from concept phase to post-release evaluations.
- Incorporate quantitative and qualitative UX research methodologies to convey complex technical and business requirements.
- Conduct UX research through usability testing, interviews, card sorting, and other industry methodologies based on that research, provide data-driven reports, in a variety of formats, to diverse audiences.
- Create and deliver UX educational and informational briefs.
- Conduct and incorporate UX research techniques such as observations, understandings, analysis, interviews, surveys, questionnaires, card sorts, usability tests, tree tests, and A/B testing to prove or disprove assumptions, find commonalities across our target audience members, and recognize their needs, goals, and mental models in the NGA digital space either live or remote.
- Communicate research findings via written reports and oral presentations.
- Apply web usability testing methods of web user research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs).
Skills and Experience:
- PhD in a social science research field or equivalent experience in consumer behavior, consumer psychology, market research, organizational behavior, industrial-organizational psychology or similar along with 15+ total experience.
- Experience conducting independent social science research. Minimum of 6+ years conducting research in an organizational setting (government, industry, non-profit, etc.)
- Possess basic working knowledge of statistics and/or data science.
- Experience developing schedules for large-scale and/or highly complex projects and programs, and leading large teams in executing these efforts.
- Demonstrated experience applying product usability moderating and/or test method selection.
- Demonstrated experience integrating consumer research into a business’s product design practice.
- Demonstrated experience with product usability testing tools.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing methodology concepts for analysis and brief findings to organizations as necessary.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in UX research or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, and/or quantitative analysis.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with analytics tools.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.