SAIC is looking for a Linux System Administrator for the LITES Program at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA.
- Candidate will be a member of a system administration team providing support for high performance computing (HPC) systems at NASA Langley Research Center.
- This includes system administration and user support of center wide and branch level HPC cluster resources and desktop workstations, supporting research and mission computing.
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more of experience.
- Equivalent experience and/or certifications accepted in lieu of degree.
- OR 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Solid Linux/UNIX system administration experience using the command line. Experience with RHEL/CentOS a plus.
- Experience writing scripts in a UNIX environment – bash/k-shell/borne shell (preferred), perl or python, etc.
- Understanding of disk storage systems (RAID, ZFS, LUNs)
- Self-starter showing strong willingness and ability to learn new concepts and techniques.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also independently.
- Ability and willingness to communicate tasks and concepts to others.
- Good documentation skills and experience documenting day to day tasks.
- Attention to detail and consistency.
- Understanding of IT security best practices.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts.
- HPC compute clusters.
- VMWare ESXi / vCenter server systems.
- Enterprise class hardware.
- Supporting a research computing environment.
- Compiling open source applications.
- Managing gitlab servers.
- Supporting commercial research applications.
- Managing infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, NIS.
- Solaris System Administration (especially version 10 or later).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.