SAIC has an immediate opening for top talent to join our team supporting a DHS component CWMD as a full-time Scheduler. The successful applicant will perform both independently and in a team-based environment to develop schedules that include a listing of a milestones, activities, and deliverables and be responsible for schedule management through the entire project and program life cycle.
- Interact with various project teams to develop and maintain detailed, integrated schedule for Customer
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance; identify and communicate issues and variance from baseline schedule
- Develop and provide period schedule briefings and status reports to keep Customer informed on program / project progress
- Coordinate/interface with other organizations to flow/roll-up the schedule into higher-level and or integrated schedule(s)
- Interact regularly with personnel working other Systems Engineering disciplines (e.g., requirements, risk, etc.) to ensure appropriate updates
- Participate with other stakeholder team members to maintain efficient and effective change management processes, procedures and systems
- Track and update schedules based on the progress of work being performed
- Assist program / project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on program / project progress.
- Apply DCMA’s 14 point schedule health assessment.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; or fourteen (14) years of experience in lieu of a degree; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD and six (6)years related experience
- Posess at least an Interim Secret with ability to obtain/maintain a Secret clearance
- Knowledge developing, implementing, and maintaining schedules
- Microsoft Project and Project Server proficiency to include schedule planning, schedule development, and schedule analysis
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Experience in DHS detection systems and DoD acquisition and program management processes.
- Experience posting schedule management information on project portals that contain project information and document repositories
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.