Job ID: 2017730
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer/Architect with Digital Engineering and Model Based Engineering infrastructure and application experience deployed in Defense, Federal Civilian, and/or National Security environments to join our energized team of solution architects supporting an exciting variety of programs and corporate initiatives to provide advanced Engineering, Integration and Logistics capabilities.
In this position, you will be responsible for architecting and deploying new Digital Engineering infrastructures for our internal and external customers to include on-premise and cloud solutions. The chosen candidate will develop the infrastructures requirements and architecture. The infrastructure requirements will cover the entire infrastructure lifecycle to include the network architecture sizing, provisioning, monitoring and maintenance. The candidate will also be responsible for deploying and maintaining digital engineering applications on the target infrastructures.
In this role you will exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your extensive IT System Engineering/Architecture experiences to transform the Engineering, Integration and Logistics organization and solution offering to best support our customers. You will use your knowledge of IT and engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Digital Engineering solutions and services for use on individual programs and throughout the corporation. You will learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Digital Engineering platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of digital solutions, and enhance the digital engineering culture. You will engage with other digital engineering subject matter experts directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of the Digital engineering infrastructure and ecosystems to assist them in developing Engineering, Integration, and Logistics digital work products.
Successful candidate in this position will bring a record of application of IT System Architectures for on-premise and cloud solutions and creative thought-leadership to mature and develop revolutionary digital engineering solutions across defense, federal civilian, and national security customer groups. The solutions will consist of process, tools, and people. You will engage with the larger community (Industry, Government, and Academia) to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our digital engineering capabilities. As part of the team, you will be required to mentor others on our solutions and standards. Demonstrated presentation and writing skills are required.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of education. Or a Masters and 10 years of experience.
· Intermediate/Advanced experience architecting and deploying enterprise Digital Engineering tools such as IBM’s Jazz suite (DNG, RQM, RMM, RTC), Teamwork Cloud (Cameo), Product Lifecycle Management tools such as (Aras, PTC, TeamCenter), Dassault’s 3Dx Platform.
· Intermediate/Advanced experience architecting and deploying Cloud based ecosystems (AWS, Azure, Google,etc..)
· Experience with Linux servers and Windows Servers in a virtualized environment
· Familiarity with the fundamentals of bash and Powershell scripting
· Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network infrastructure protocols
· Ability to provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection
· Demonstrated knowledge of IT security management and IT system maintenance and sustainment activities.
· Ability to troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
· Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
· Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
· Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes
· Experience or familiarity with administration of Digital Engineering / Model Based Engineering tools
· Broad Model Based Engineering Applications and Technology background (i.e. tools, ontologies, OSLC, internet of things, cyber security, etc.)
· Experience or familiarity with various analytical and decisions aid tools (e.g. MatLab, STK, etc.)
· Capable of receiving TS/SCI clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.