seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our team in support of work taking
place at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. This
is a Remote / Virtual / Work from Home position. The developer will be part of
a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment.
Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application
solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command, supporting the Army
Transition Assistance Program.
- Under general direction, designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and
software components of the web applications.
- Works with other members of a project team to develop the site concept,
interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based
transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and
coordinates the integration of new products per production and client
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; Four (4) additional years’ related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with .NET framework or SQL Server Reporting Services is a plus
- Experience using version control tools such as Git.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Agile, or similar.
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified prior to start date.
- Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment – SAIC will assist with this.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful webservices
- Experience with application servers such as Tomcat, JBOSS or Websphere
- Experience with web frameworks such as Spring or Struts
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Must be able to work and find solutions independently
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.