SAIC currently has a career opportunity for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in our Andover, Massachusetts facility.
The ISSO provides oversight, guidance, and technical support, on IT and information system security issues affecting the mission of the customer by implementing common information system security practices, policies and technologies. The candidate will interface with multiple government agencies within both the DoD and IC.
The role requires an understanding of Contractor Program Security functions, responsibilities, and disciplines that make up a strong Security Program.
- Maintain operational security posture for programs and information systems in support of a closed, classified Special Access program multi-disciplinary environment
- Information Security interface to government customer Designated Accrediting Authorities across the DoD and Intelligence Communities
- Support and track Customer security authorization activities
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support authorization and accreditation
- Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) packages, and Security Controls Traceability Matrices (SCTMs)
- Review audit logs for all production systems leveraging the Splunk SIEM tool
- Perform quarterly SCAP scans of all systems
- Act as Alternate COMSEC custodian
- Support Second tier facility on call requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of formal, accredited education
- Familiarity with applicable IC and DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to IT, IA and IM
- Valid Security+ CE Certification. Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technical Level 2
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Familiarity with Program Security responsibilities to include but not limited to: OPSEC, Program Protection, Personnel Security clearances, Security Training and Education, Classification management
- Experience with ICD 503, NIST Special Publications, Intel Community Directives, DoD Issuances, etc.
Security Clearance requirement:
- Must have a current Top Secret SSBI with SCI eligibility
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.