SAIC is searching for an experienced Electronic Warfare (EW) / Radio Frequency (RF) Systems Engineer to join our team in Oxnard, CA.
The EW Systems RF Engineer should have proven experience in developing innovative solutions that will be used to meet warfighter needs to support the US Navy Jammer Technique Optimization (JATO) Group relating to Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) capability development.
- Apply Systems Engineering knowledge to develop requirements, write specifications, and conduct research and trade studies to validate requirements to support large naval EW acquisition programs
- Be proactive and able to work on a collaborative team to expand the envelope of RF technology capabilities on US Navy airborne platforms
- Apply strong knowledge of RF/microwave principles and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies
- Design electronic attack waveforms for the EA-18G and other EW platforms
- Develop a set of common guiding principles for jammers and receivers in stand-off jamming applications
- Contribute unique concepts and ideas to a technical roadmap exploring new technology for stand-off/support jamming in support of US Navy airborne platforms
- Hypothesize and develop EW experiments to provide insight into cause-and-effect. Create and validate experimentation plans/procedures traced to requirements
- Execute experimentation with subsystems in various laboratory and field environments.
- Use RF/microwave test equipment such as a network analyzer with calibrations kits, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, RF power meter, and oscilloscope
- Use verbal and written communication to collaborate on requirements development teams and to present data and explain results to management and customers
- Domestic or International travel to support requirements collaboration, experimentation, and customer meetings
- Bachelors and nine (9) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Must have an active SECRET security clearance and be ability to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
- Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) understanding and utilization
- Defining, refining, and analyzing requirements while supporting the systems engineering process
- EW Receiver design experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- FPGA programming in the field of EW
- Defining and refining requirements with Cameo (or other), using languages such as SYSML
- DRFM system design
- Programming with MATLAB/Simulink
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.