SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Network Engineer on the NASA National Security Systems Team (NSS) at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. This position requires a Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and video communication activities.
- Perform configuration, preventative maintenance, fault isolation of local/remote LAN equipment, and telecommunications circuitry.
- Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network.
- Conduct testing of network systems and associated devices.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Conduct audit of equipment and production systems and create appropriate reports.
- Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve objectives in accordance with established policies
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. Experience may be used in lieu of degree.
4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree.
- The candidate must have an expert working knowledge of network infrastructure design, routed data protocols, and hardware platforms.
- Firm knowledge of technologies such as DHCP, DNS, SSH, TCP, and UDP.
- Experience in WAN, LAN, datacenter routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Experience with Network Security technologies such as IPsec, SSL.
- Experience in the operation, tuning, and maintenance of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), TelePresence Management Suite (TMS), and TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS).
- Expert knowledge of National Security Agency Type I encryptors.
- Advanced understanding of security device architecture, engineering and installation/management.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of and experience with various Cisco product lines.
- Demonstrate configuration level knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
- Proven past experience in a similar Network Engineer role and in an IT environment with similar scope and scale.
- Knowledge in Operating Systems such as Windows, Cisco Systems, RHEL and CentOS.
- Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Knowledge of Riverbed Steel Central Appliances
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of SNORT
- Certification: CCNA, CCNP, Sec+
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.