SAIC is seeking a Principle Data Security Specialist to join the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Team. Position is 100% remote.
The specialist will collaborate with other enterprise teams to enable the discovery and protection of organizational data across a complex enterprise, in support of audit and compliance. The candidate will ensure relevant methods of cataloguing, tagging, and approaches to oversight of data, meet regulatory requirements. The specialist will collaborate with system owners to design and implement technical and organizational approaches in support of these goals.
Specific job duties include:
- Review applicable policies and procedures to support data classification efforts throughout the enterprise.
- Advocate approaches to data governance to support the responsibilities and goals of the GRC team and the cybersecurity organization.
- Provide security advisory service on the design, implementation and management of data protection rules and security marking controls.
- Serve as a data protection subject matter expert within the Cybersecurity organization that spans technical, operational, governance, and business considerations.
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure alignment with cybersecurity governance requirements.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvements to data protection both in the cloud and on premise across the organization.
- Evaluate and recommend data protection products.
- Develop appropriate metrics collection and reporting of details relevant to data protection.
- Define plans, evaluations, use cases and success criteria for implementation of data protection measures.
- Develop and provide data protection and marking guidance training to peers and business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Information/Data/Knowledge
Management, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or similar
discipline with 9 years of experience or a Master’s Degree with 7 years of
- 5+ years of experience in an information security role,
cloud computing, and Data Loss Prevention suites.
- Hands on experience with industry leading Data
- Working knowledge of US government classification markings
such as Controlled Unclassified Information.
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. CISSP, CGEIT, CCSP,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Information Protection
(AIP) / Windows Information Protection (WIP) suite within an enterprise.
- Experience working with unstructured data, metadata, emails
headers, data labeling, and classification.
- Strong understanding of general security and networking
concepts and experience applying same in corporate network environments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to
transform technical knowledge into business language (e.g. reports,
- Ability to effectively collaborate and negotiate with
diverse stakeholders to meet mission needs.
- Ability to analyze complex information and make/defend
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and
external dependencies to ensure deadlines are met.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.