International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an opening for a Training
Analyst. This a remote position and will require you to work from home unless you have a teaching assignment. When working onsite, and hand-in-hand with military/civilian instructors, you will be working in Bangor, WA.
This is a challenging instructor position that equips students with the
knowledge and skills to perform operations, system administration, network
monitoring, fault isolation and system restoration of the Consolidated
Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES).
and execute instructor-led or facilitated training courses using standardized
practices and procedures to train military/civilian personnel.
subject matter expertise to develop, test, and maintain curriculum.
individualized and classroom/lab/training sessions, work on problems of diverse
scope, and may determine methods and procedures for improving the training
environment and curriculum.
on a daily basis with students, customers, and stakeholders.
military personnel or civilian equivalents and other system administrator
personnel in the data transport, voice and video services, systems management,
cybersecurity, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of CANES.
includes labs that reinforce the information discussed. System troubleshooting
provides further understanding of the interaction of all system components.
knowledge test and remediation practices, when needed.
- When not actively training
in the military schoolhouse, instructors may be tasked with afloat training
events. Afloat training events require
the instructor to train the sailor onboard their ship, while inport, on operational
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED Diploma and seven (7) or more years of related experience; Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
- Instructor experience
- Must be familiar with CANES OR ADNS
- Current IA certifications including CompTIA Security+ or be able to obtain in first 6 months of employment.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Virtualization, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange Server, backup and restoration policies and procedures, and/or Cisco router/switch IOS configuration.
- Familiarity with DoN personnel security and physical security policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Be able Travel – 10%.
Content Planning Module/Learning Object Module (CPM/LOM) and/or Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM I/II) curriculum development experience.
Master Training Specialist (MTS) or other formal instructor training
Prior submarine experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.