SAIC is currently looking to hire a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to join the MCE team located in Huntsville, AL (Redstone Arsenal).
The MCE system is being developed by the Army, with SAIC as the Prime Contractor, as a direct replacement for the currently fielded Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) system. It will be a state of the art battle command information system that provides integrated, on-the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes. It is being built from the ground up using the latest Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) technology hosted on a customized, hardened Linux/Android Hybrid Operating System.
MCE ATAK is a map-based Situational Awareness (SA) software application for Android platforms (smart phones, tablets, etc.) that provides non-satellite type Blue Force Tracking (BFT) and tactical capabilities for Special Operations Forces (SOF).
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of the Linux OS. Be familiar with bash scripting, system daemons, and the Linux / UNIX file system. Be capable of using terminal commands, the VI editor, and GDB debugger tool.
- Candidates should have an understanding of the Android OS. Understand Broadcast Receivers, Broadcast Intents, and the manifest file. Be capable of using Android Studio, the Android SDK to build APKs. Be able use ADB to push and execute APKs on the system.
- Candidates should be familiar with using a debugger to perform simple operations such as setting breakpoints, single stepping, and examining variable values.
- Candidates will be expected to understand the software development life cycle, be familiar with UML, and use standard UML diagrams in application and design documentation
- Candidates will be expected to work in an agile environment, and have the ability to plan, design, build, and test software components with minimal direction.
- Candidates will be expected to break down software tasks into small clearly defined components, which can be coded and tested incrementally.
- Candidates will be expected to develop unit test strategies on components they have been assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5)+ years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years related experience
Clearance: MUST be able to obtain a Secret Security clearance; Active clearance preferred.
- Java, Java Application Development
- C, C++ Application Development
- Linux OS (RHEL)
- Bash shell is a plus
- Python is a plus
- Android OS
- DI2E tool suite: GiT, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence,
- Build systems/tools: Jenkins, BitBake, Gradle, Lunch
- IDEs: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Android Studio
- Scripting languages: Bash, Python
- Working on large defense related projects
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.