SAIC is seeking a Software Configuration Analyst in Arlington, VA!
Primary Job Duties:
- Coordinate between the JS and DoD Governance Board Secretariats, Pentagon Governance Council IT boards and working groups, and other existing groups and newly established boards, councils, groups, offices, organizations, and activities as required.
- Collect, assess, analyze, and report on policies, issues, and initiatives affecting the Joint Staff.
- Lead, Facilitate, and collaborate with cross-functional teams on IT investments across the Joint Environment
- Provide support for Enterprise-wide system integration projects.
- Provide analysis and support to various initiatives directed by Joint Staff leadership to operate the business processes of the staff more effectively and efficiently.
- Provide analysis and support to various initiatives directed by JS leadership to operate the business processes of the staff more effectively and efficiently.
- Establish and implement strategic initiatives and IT management through the use of an assessment and evaluation process.
- Support CIO collaboration with JS IT Portfolio Managers and Information System owners on the JS IT Investment policy and enable the documentation of supporting procedures. In addition, serve as a subject matter expert in the development and delivery Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for IT Investments.
- Liaison with JS IT Portfolio Managers and Information System Owners to establish support for and assessment and evaluation process.
- Assist in refining and developing the assessment and evaluation process and tools.
- Provide recommendations on the status of JS Information Systems and funding requirements based on assessments and evaluations.
- Examine institutional policy and governance initiatives to determine how these may allow the CIO and other organizations to implement these initiatives, and otherwise function more efficiently within and across DOD business processes.
- Recommend alternatives and identify emerging technologies, with knowledge of IT successes of other DoD communities of practice.
- Provide recommendations on processes and best practices for delivery of technology solutions to the Joint Staff while aligning efforts to DoD Enterprise.
- Analyze new and existing IT requirements for the validation to the IT Executive Committee (ITEXCOM), the CIO and other Executive Boards to ensure requirements align with policies, strategies, missions and goals
Bachelors and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD or JD and 0 years or more related experience. Experience can be counted in lieu of a degree.
5-7 years of Defense-related experience
Management skills, knowledge and experience to lead, facilitate and collaborate with cross-functional teams on IT Investments across the Joint environment.
Top Secret clearance
- Technical IT/SW background - with the ability to understand IT management processes.
- Ability to analyze operational activities of functional system to obtain qualitative or quantitative bases for decision-making, policies, or other JS purposes
- Ability to identify emerging technologies and IT successes of other DoD communities of practice
- Ability to perform assignments involving analysis, preliminary production, planning, requirements definition, traceability, and evaluation of one or more alternative technical approaches and associated costs for creating or upgrading performance of a system or activity.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.