SAIC and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the
largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services to the Federal
market. SAIC is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a
growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government
agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and
human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission
This is a 100% remote / Work from Home role
SAIC is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced
professionals to provide technical management and support services that will
assist in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management
execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SAIC is
seeking an Architect to support the Memorials
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
and develop IT architecture for integrated Memorial Benefits and Services
and benefits delivery of IT products
diagrams and documentation with all components that comprise IT systems
including network topology
system information requirements using analysis of the information
engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information
architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to
support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future
cross-functional requirements and interfaces
the team and develops the architectural runway providing design direction
and the solution framework for MBS applications.
and is responsible for maintaining the technical stack and technology used
to build the MBS applications
with customers, end-users, developers, and project managers to analyze,
design, implement, and support IT applications and systems
the as-is architecture against agreed upon architecture guidelines
provided by VA and broader industry best practices.
potential modernization and improvement opportunities in the portfolio
VA project managers with the development of high-quality responses to
internal and external information requests and provide technical
consultation and support on all platform initiatives.
technical information from disparate sources into executive-level
to standard operating procedures for program activities and identify
meetings with VA employees and capture meeting minutes
independently to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of
instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and
information across the portfolio
Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- 5 years of IT-related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent OR an additional 8 years of relevant IT experience (13 years total)
- Experience in design and development of IT architecture with a deep understanding of AWS architecture and services such as RDS and Salesforce
- Proficiency with Visio, working knowledge of System Architect (Unicom Systems) and other enterprise architecture tools.
- Familiarity with the following: S3, DMS, Redshift, Glue, Spectrum, Athena, QuickSight, toolsets and data modeling
- Experience in managing and developing in the AWS environment, as well as knowledge of Data Warehouse development or DataMart and Business Intelligence
- Proven Experience with data movement and building data pipelines
- Experience in a wide range of work in creating diagrams and documentation with all components that comprise IT systems including network topology.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience with Agile methodology and providing program/project management support to a government client.
- Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience supporting the VA.
- Agile and DevSecOps experience.
- Experience with Jira, Github, Confluence.
- Familiarity with VA OIT EPMO Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) or VA PARS.
- Knowledge of and success performing in a role within a Project Management Office for large programs in the federal government environmen
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.