Job ID: 2017463
Location: AUGUSTA, GA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2020
Category: Wage Determination (SCA)
Subcategory: Service Contract Act
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently seeking a Service Desk Agent Level 1 to begin and exciting and challenging career.
Responsible for providing the first-line of customer support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers and/or employees. Answers basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products. Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures. Escalates complex problems to higher tiers as required. Typically provides customer support for internal and external customers. Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization. Documents all customer interactions within a ticketing system. This is a pathway position for aspiring IT professionals. Career progression may include government security clearances and industry certifications.
We support Military Spouses under the Military Spouse Employment programs
Full Time and Part Time positions are available
· Provide exceptional customer service
· Provide customer support through various contact methods such as phone, chat, email
· Respond to customer support requests in a fast, efficient and friendly manner.
· Accurately and thoroughly document customer requests
· Resolve customer incidents and requests if able or assign to higher tiers as required
· Act as a single point of contact for existing incident and requests
· Provide customers with a reference number for their incident/request
· Identify process and procedures which need to be corrected or added to the Knowledge base
· Understand and uphold internal and external policies and procedures
· Manage time and workload to meet predetermined service levels
• AA Degree in related discipline or High School Degree and 2 years related experience
• Interim Secret Security Clearance able to obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance
• 6-12 months providing exceptional customer service - highly desirable
• Friendly, outgoing with good telephone etiquette
• Familiarity with US Military culture a plus
• 6 months previous experience in Information Technology or the desire to learn
• Able to accurately and thoroughly document customer interactions with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Must have the flexibility to work any shift as needed to meet the needs of the business
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.