Job ID: 2017436
Location: AUSTIN, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Field Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented IT Field Service Technician to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Provides Tier 2 “touch labor” Field Services support to fulfill service requests and resolve incidents acting as the local face of the Service Desk. This includes projects, Installs-Moves-Adds-Changes (IMAC), coordinating hardware break/fix, sparing of desktop and infrastructure, validating configuration items, updating the configuration management database, and Knowledge Base articles. Accountable for successful Incident/Problem Management and Service Request Management enablement and resolution. Ensures that the day to day field services operations meet SLAs and issues are proactively addressed.
Responsible for supporting field operations including staff and customer support, incident resolution, and other support tasks; provide technical coaching and training as things evolve in the environment; provide customer support in the field to include local desktop staff and other infrastructure support staff; ensure timely, accurate and complete assistance to users in the areas of PC support, desktop applications, printers and print services, tablets and mobility devices according to set Service Level Agreements (SLA)s and IT procedures; monitor operations and escalations of service requests to various Tier 3 support teams, application development, business units, and Program/Project Management Office (PMO) when appropriate (or required); function as a primary representative of the end-user community and represents its views and changing needs; implement applicable industry best practice support model; oversee desktop support problem resolutions to identify trends or problem support areas and ensure that support procedures are being followed; follows procedures to ensure effective support coordination between IT Service Desk (Tier 1), Tier 2, and Tier 3 resources; responsible for the development and delivery of ITIL-based service reporting and trending for management covering all processes, especially availability, reliability and incident management.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
- Bachelors and two (2) years of experience or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a Degree
- 8570 Baseline Certifications for IAT Level I
- Excellent oral and written skills, with an ability to understand and predict customer behavior and response to communication
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Understanding of network infrastructure concepts, computer operating systems and familiarity with Microsoft products
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities and patterns
- Secret Clearance
- US Citizen
Desired Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Help/Service Desk experience and ITIL v3/v4 (or equivalent), or HDI Support Center Analyst
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or equivalent platforms for IT Service Management and Delivery
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- Network environments and equipment such as Cisco or equivalent technologies
- Mobile communications and Video-Teleconferencing
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.