SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Cybersecurity Analyst with the NASA National Security Systems Team (NSS) at Kennedy Space Center in Cocoa Beach, FL. This person will be responsible for daily COMSEC management and oversight of Central Office of Record (COR) functions as required by national policy. The successful candidate will work with the COMSEC team to provide solutions and to ensure continued functionality of systems within the COMSEC arena. Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work as a cohesive team player.
- Provide support to NASA and commercial partners with COMSEC related activities.
- Manage NASA COMSEC Training Program and ensure each CAM and ACAM is properly trained and adheres to the provisions of NASA and other applicable National level regulations, directives, issuances, and guidance governing the CMCS.
- Conduct liaison with civilian agencies, Department of Defense elements, and NSA.
- Ensure the integrity of classified cryptographic keying material, and other COMSEC material is maintained through constant evaluation of safeguards and controls.
- Receive, verify, store and ship COMSEC material in support of NASA requirements.
- Manage Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) system and be flexible in supporting NASA customer’s schedule.
- Administer the NASA COMSEC Material Control System (CMCS).
- Travel to various NASA centers and external customer sites in support of NASA’s COMSEC program.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software Information Assurance (IA) and Information Technology (IT) problems pertaining to the assigned computer and network environment.
- Extensive background in IT or Cyber Security.
- Knowledge of the COMSEC Material Control System (CMCS).
- Experience with drafting and publishing COMSEC policy directives, standards, and procedures.
- Candidate must have knowledge of and experience with procedures for handling and safeguarding classified materials as outlined in the NISPOM, CNSS issuances, other National level security doctrine, DOD publications adopted by NASA, and NASA instructions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as SharePoint.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers.
- Experience in the operation of the following systems/devices: KMI, SKL, DTD, SDS, vIPer secure phone, current cryptographic equipment, and DIAS is highly desired.
- COMSEC account management (COMSEC Custodian) experience is required, including experience with knowledge of space COMSEC assets including security requirements applicable to commercial space ventures.
- Completed NSA IAEC-2112 COMSEC Custodian Course IAEC-2112 or equivalent US Military COMSEC training program
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems.
- Active Top Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.