Job ID: 2017287
Location: NORFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 3, 2020
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
The Naval Business Unit of the Defense and Civilian Sector has a career opportunity for a qualified Operational Level of War Training Team (OLWTT) Lead Analyst at US Fleet Forces, Norfolk, VA. The individual in this position will provide subject matter expertise to USFF in the accomplishment of their mission to train and sustain Maritime Operations Centers (MOCs) command and control capabilities at Major and Numbered Fleets Commands, Naval Component Commands (NCC) and when designated, Joint Force Maritime Component Commands (JFMCC) at the Operational Level of War (OLW).
The Lead Analyst for each MOC supports the government desk officers and interfaces with the fleet training officers to ensure collective and consistent proficiency is maintained across the MOCs. Their responsibilities are:
- Develop training requirements based on training objectives to include training agreements coordinated with each of the nine (9) MOCs for USFF N74 approval.
- Recommend to the government event lead the O/Ts to support each training event.
- Attend MOC training continuum events as designated by USFF N7 government lead.
- Develop a comprehensive collection management plan for OLW Fleet Training Integration Panel (FTIP) approved training events.
- Coordinate contractor training event travel, lodging and other administrative support.
- Brief OLW TT members prior to departure on all aspects of event support to include the road to crisis, scenario review, and supported MOC training objectives.
- Perform as lead analyst in development of the Facilitated After Action Review (FAAR) in the form of a power point presentation, which shall be delivered to the supported MOC training audience by the MGL upon conclusion of each event.
- Collect inputs from all team members and draft a written commander’s summary report (CSR) for approval by the MGL for delivery to the supported MOC director.
- Conduct O/T duties as coordinated and assigned by government desk officers or operations officer.
If designated as a Lead Analyst for a training event, the lead analyst responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintain status of O/T journal completion progress, assemble overview comments from the Functional Leads, and develop products as needed.
- Collect and review O/T journal entries for clarity and completeness to ensure accuracy (relevance) and consistency.
- Publish and track product development timeline.
- Track progress of written product summaries from functional leads and notify Event Deputy if products are late or incomplete.
- If applicable, ensure O/Ts are aware of significant Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) events related to their functional area.
- Provide a daily update on completion of O/T sheets and training objective opportunities to the event coordinator and team deputy.
- Draft the CSR or informal written report. Maintain version control of all OLW TT products. Take notes of team discussions to develop into daily debrief slide for the supported MOC, FAAR slides, CSR drafts or team observer schedules as appropriate.
- Collect inputs from all team members who support MOC certification and participate in either Consistency and Advocacy Visits (CAVs) or Performance Observation Events (POE).
- Assist in drafting the MOC Certification Report (MCR) at the conclusion of a MOC certification event (Table 1, deliverable A017).
- Perform duties as an observer/trainer when required..
- U.S. citizen with a Bachelor of Arts of Bachelor of Science degree and 15 years’ experience. In lieu of a degree, equivalent experience is defined as 15 years of military experience and 4 years of general experience.
- Five (5) years of experience serving on or interfacing with a Service Component or Numbered Fleet Commander staff or higher on MOC related issues.
- Shall have executive level experience in a training or exercise related position performing training analysis on a MOC, other service equivalent, or JFC staff.
- Shall have expert knowledge and demonstrated ability to produce senior executive level written products and technical analysis of either MOC or Joint Force Command staff operations and functional performance.
- Must have experience characterized by daily command level interface (meetings, planning cells, briefs, etc.) in an operations directorate on a Joint Force Commander (JFC), NFC/NCC staff or other service equivalent staff.
- Experience within MOC Fleet Command Center or running the command center for a JTF. [Experience can also be characterized by daily command level interface (meetings, planning cells, briefs, etc.) in an operations directorate on a Joint Force Commander (JFC) staff, and one of the following staffs: Navy CTF or operational level Naval staff.]
TS Clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.