SAIC has an immediate opening for an ASI Manager (Authorized Service Interruption). The successful candidate must be a team player, be willing to work outside of normal business hours (Nights/Weekends) in a 24/7 365 days Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Process Component Authorized Service Interruption (ASI) requests and track ASIs from initial requests to completion.
- Provide detailed impact assessments of network systems, provide resolution to components with conflicting resources, and make recommendations to the Joint Cyberspace Communications Center (JCCC) Chief Watch Officer to assist in the approval process.
- Maintains USCENTCOM approved ticketing Databases to maintain historical records, provide reports for situational awareness, and brief ASI status to senior USCENTCOM leadership.
- Responsible for the overall management of intra/inter theater Authorized Services interruptions throughout the Area of Operations
- Responsible for prioritizing and managing ASI Requests as appropriate
- Responsible for processing, de-conflicting, and tracking component ASI requests
- Responsible for providing impact assessments on network systems due to requested ASI
- Responsible for providing resolution to components with conflicting resources and requirements as pertaining to ASIs
- Responsible for the accurate gathering of information in regard to outages, security calls that affect enterprise-wide services, and maintenance on USCENTCOM systems
- Responsible for completing trouble tickets using USCENTCOM approved systems and providing reports for situational awareness
- Possible required travel to the CENTCOM AOR to sustain NOC operations (COOP only travel)
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance required.
- COMP TIA Security + certification
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products like Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and MS Project.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and customers.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills in making the appropriate technical decisions.
- Must be motivated, adaptable, flexible, and able to produce quality results in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.