Job ID: 2017375
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Agent to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Our Technical Support Service Desk agents provide excellent customer service by supporting a wide range of IT technical and network solutions. Serving as the initial point of contact, you will gather and analyze information about the user's issue to answer basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products to determine the best way to resolve their problem. Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists. Solutions include, but are not limited to, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, resolving username and password problems, verifying proper hardware and software set up, resolving network connectivity issues and troubleshooting email issues.
• Advanced point of contact for customers via telephone, email or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
• Assists with navigating around application menus, may be required to remote into customer's computer.
• Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network.
• Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus.
• Offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers' and clients' business.
• Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support Engineering staff or Field Engineering when appropriate.
• Must be US Citizen and possess ability to obtain Federal Government Public Trust Clearance prior to starting assignment
• AA degree in related discipline; or HS degree and 2 years related experience with technical aptitude for IT work.
• Previous computer technical support experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
• Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
• Experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 Operating systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
• Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer's issues.
HDI CSR preferred
ITIL v 3 or v4 preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.