SAIC is seeking a Flight Software Test Engineer to join the Hybrid Flight Computing System (HFCS) team at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center to support the design, development, and integration of automated functional test (AFT) systems in support of the Servicing Payload on the OSAM-1 satellite servicing mission.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
The HFCS team is a critical payload subsystem responsible for the design, development, integration, and test of the FSW/FPGA capabilities that execute on the Command and Data Handling (CDH) flight processing system to facilitate autonomous on-orbit capabilities including rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO), robotic servicing, fault management and autonomy, and overall command and telemetry services for payload sensors and avionics.
The Flight Software Test Engineer will:
- support the design and implementation of automated functional test procedures, user interface displays, and test reports within the Advanced Spacecraft Integration and System Test (ASIST) system environment.
- support the development of detailed test documentation including: test plans, work orders, test descriptions, test procedures, test reports, requirements verification matrices, and supporting presentations.
- work closely with the development team throughout the mission life cycle to iteratively add new test capabilities and regression test existing capabilities.
- support system checkout at various testbed facilities for test campaigns (including environmental testing) to demonstrate overall mission capabilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Must have at least a B.S/B.S.E degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or closely related field and 9 or more years of relevant experience or an MS and 7 or more years of relevant experience.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of related industry experience with hardware/software integration and test, system verification and validation at NASA or within the aerospace or automotive industry.
· Must be able to work on site full time at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
· Must be able to support work outside “core” hours such as to facilitate flight hardware integration and testing campaigns (e.g. TVAC).
· Must have experience in designing, developing, and executing automated hardware/software functional tests.
· Must have experience in writing / maintaining technical and test documentation (as noted above).
· Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to work in an extremely fast paced rapid hardware/software development environment.
· Must be able to work extremely well with a highly diverse and interdisciplinary hardware/software team.
· Experience developing and executing complex hardware/software systems tests through the use of Telemetry/Command systems (e.g. ASIST, ITOS, COSMOS)
· Experience developing, debugging, maintaining automated test procedures/scripts (e.g. STOL) to test complex spaceflight / aerospace hardware/software systems
· Experience with dynamics simulation environments for testing aerospace systems
· Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git)
· Experience with solving complex problems with various scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl)
· Experience writing technical documentation via markup languages (e.g. LaTeX, Markdown, AsciiDoc)
· Experience with developing complex systems / solutions with programing languages (e.g. C/C++, Java)
· Experience with unit test frameworks (e.g. cunit, cppunit)
· Experience with the Core Flight System framework from a user or developer perspective
· Highly motivated, self-starter, with ability to learn quickly and complete tasks with limited supervision
· Experience with Ground Support Equipment development
· Experience with lab instrumentation (e.g. logic analyzers, scopes) / equipment for troubleshooting hardware/software systems
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.