SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support
the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for
implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation
(M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force
(USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these
capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations.
As the lead
agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out
potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions
across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on
providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment
live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance
In the current resource constrained environment, demand for
M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and
mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS
focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this
The role of this position is to support the Air
Force Life Cycle Management Center Simulators Division (AFLCMC/WNS) in Wright
Patterson AFB, OH. The Associate Security Control Assessor Representative
(ASCAR)/ Certifying Authority Representatives (CAR) Team Lead /IAM-III will:
- Serve as a member of the OTI Authorizing Official cyber
security staff, with responsibility for ensuring Information Assurance
(IA) and Information Security (IS) is incorporated in full life cycle of
information systems at all classification levels.
- Conduct assessments of security control
requirements, and participate in the assessment and authorization process of
Operational Training Infrastructure (OTI) simulators, networks, ranges and
operation centers within the AFLCMC/WNS portfolio.
- Develop and improve Information Assurance
Vulnerability Management (IAVM) programs on multiple unclassified and
classified networks and systems. Support the assessment and authorization
process, such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), assist with the
development of a Continuous Monitoring (CM) program, and assists in
development and monitoring of plans of action and milestones (POA&M).
- Develop and report relevant metrics and
information on Information Assurance, RMF, CM, and security control status
of networks and systems.
- Develop and provide IA guides and
- Independently plans, organizes,
prioritizes, and develops schedules to deliver program objectives on
schedule and within budget while adhering to DoD regulations and changing
- Provides overarching Air Force advice and
assistance on establishing an Enterprise Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC)
standardized architecture that will interoperate and seamlessly integrate
within the framework of DoD CIO IT Strategy-this requires coordinating
parallel DoD and AF initiatives to migrate net-centric activities toward a
cloud based approach.
- Assist the government in order of priority:
- To ensure the LVC-Operational Training centralized
foundational management team develops a plan and implements accordingly
the capabilities to use and optimize network application traffic, improve
manageability of the enterprise with centralized infrastructure
management tools, and deploy end user functionalities faster by further
automating the software/simulation real-time deployment process
- In assessment of systems engineering plans
- To ensure LVC-OT IT design/development
adheres to SAF/CIO A6 and AFCS guidance
The following skills are required:
- Team Lead - DoD Directive 8570 IAM III compliance,
i.e., CISSP, GSLC or CISM
- 5 years minimum as an Information System
Manager or Certifying Assessor Representative
- Experience with Information Assurance and
- Experience with DIACAP and RMF
- Working knowledge of eMASS
- Experience in applying information systems
security principles and concepts and project management principles.
- Experience in applying information systems
security concepts and methods across multiple IT disciplines.
- Experience with Operational Air Force
- Team Members - DoD Directive 8570 IAM II
compliance, i.e., Certified Authorization Professional.
- B.S or higher in either Electrical
Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer
Sciences earned within the last 20 years with 10 years of tactical
experience in Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, Software
Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Familiarity with:
- Joint Training Enterprise Architecture
- DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Joint Training Integration and Evaluation
- Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)
- High Level Architecture (HLS)
- Test and Training Enabling Architecture
- Navy Continuous Training Environment
- National Institute of Standards and
Technology (NIST) Cloud Computing Definitions and Standards (NIST Special
Publication 800-145 and 800-144)
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of
related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD
or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.