Job ID: 2017256
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
The ideal candidate will generate quantifiable contract technical requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition strategies for a multi-agency surveillance program. Assess program artifacts and translate technical capabilities and system development strategies into technical specifications and program requirements. Act as a liaison between the Engineering and Acquisition Teams to interpret and translate technical software, hardware, system interface, cybersecurity, and spectrum requirements into measurable contract requirements. Develop acquisition documents to include statements of work (SOW), evaluation criteria, technical performance parameters, and other required solicitation/contract attachments. Provide support to Screening Information Request (SIR)/Request for Proposal (RFP) development and coordination activities. Assess vendor responses using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Work with multi-disciplined acquisition, technical and engineering teams to develop detailed solution development, production, and solution implementation requirements. Work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall program, requirements development, and acquisition strategies. Perform in-depth editing of technical and acquisition documents for clarity, completeness, technical accuracy, continuity, readability, grammar and punctuation.
A BS or BA degree with at least 10 years of applicable experience.
· Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
· Experience with FAA and/or DoD prime mission equipment or major systems acquisition development and execution.
· Ability to understand, interpret, and translate programmatic and technical objectives into contract requirements.
· Experience with acquisition, system and software development, test procedures, implementation, configuration management, and full system lifecycle processes.
· Ability to provide technical feedback, guidance and recommendations.
· Strong networking and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain consensus with multi-discipline teams across organizational/functional lines.
· Ability to understand complex joint program organizational responsibilities and maintain appropriate contact.
· Proficient in technical writing and able to successfully communicate with both technical and acquisition specialists.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets, determine trends, and recommend plans of action.
· Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.