SAIC’s National Security Group (NSG) is seeking a Senior GEOINT Ground Systems Engineer to fill a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program. LANDMARK AOS is a large Systems Engineer Technical Assistance (SETA) contract, supporting the customer’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
In this role you will provide leadership, oversight and technical support to facilitate the development of GEOINT capabilities cooperatively with development contractors and mission partners to optimize mission success. You will actively perform engineering and analysis to ensure programs successfully develop and deliver core network services in all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
Key functions include:
- Develop ground architecture solutions and concepts, as well as network and process diagrams to support the definition of a ground system
- Use technical expertise in the areas of Mission Management, Command and Control, GEOINT Processing, Network Engineering, and Communications Engineering to provide recommendations for ground, network and communication systems solutions
- Interface directly with development Prime Contractors in the role of oversight, monitoring of network architectures, and software development and integration activities, ensuring alignment with Government requirements and objectives
- Provide oversight and technical guidance in support of transition from a Hardware implementation to a Cloud implementation
- Advise Senior and Mid-Level managers on architectural decisions to include investment strategies, acquisition portfolio priorities, and risk assessment of project execution
- Participate and represent the customer in various Government and contractor forums and attend contractor programmatic and technical reviews to provide recommendations and risk assessments
- Accomplish performance assessment and provide estimates of cost, schedule and risk impacts to existing Ground architecture implementations
- Provide technical and cost assessment of vendor proposals, review technical reports, design artifacts and program plans
- Conduct troubleshooting to resolve issues, working in concert with GEOINT programs and external stakeholders
- Effective Communicator; distills complex concepts into understandable topics and conveys information across multiple customer and corporate audiences
You will work side-by-side with the other LANDMARK AOS staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 10+ years in support of Intelligence Community's (IC) GEOINT Ground systems and capability development
- Demonstrated knowledge of AWS Government implementation
- Working knowledge of GEOINT operations and associated scheduling, tasking and/or mission management functions
- Demonstrated knowledge in Network Architectures
- Working knowledge of Agile development process and SAFe methodologies
- Experience in acquisition of IC / DoD systems; knowledge of acquisition roles, processes and/or experience in IC / DoD Project or Program Management
- Familiarity with MS Office tool suite
- Availability to travel domestically
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Expert knowledge of C2S implementation
- Domain knowledge in Ground Software, Space Development Programs and IC Customer Communications and Network Operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of GEOINT operations and associated planning, scheduling, and/or mission management functions
- Experience working within or closely with Acquisition Offices; SETA and/or SE&I experience
- Specific experience with NRO space architectures, systems and/or operations
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.