Job ID: 2017022
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; DevSecOps and training.
Our portfolio spans the spectrum of DHS Components to include Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction, Customs and Border Protection, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Science and Technology Energy, Transportation Security Administration, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. We deliver modernized, optimized end-to-end technology solutions and critical data that enable our customer mission to protect national security and public safety.
Are you a strategic thinker, who is able to navigate the complex challenges that face our DHS customers and return with a creative, easy to understand vision for success. Can you lead a broad team of experts (technical, financial, contracts, and partners) to build innovative solutions that adhere to the winning vision? Do you have a deep interest in enhancing the DHS mission through service and technology to better serve the public and to protect national security and public safety? Then join SAIC and make a difference.
The role of the Business Development Executive, DHS at SAIC is one of strategy, energy, initiative and leadership. Business Developers are the forward members of the company engaged in understanding customer pain, identifying and building critical relationships, and prospecting for new and unpublished opportunities. Business Developers are the leaders of sales, consistently working to introduce, identify and expand our presence as a company with a target agency. Business Developers work closely with capture and account managers to develop and deliver an actionable account strategy informed by critical relationships and client perception. SAIC Business Development Executives are experienced with managing service delivery and is able to shape opportunities both to win and successfully deliver. They have the resources of the company at their disposal to protect, expand and grow business for SAIC. The Business Development Executive will report directly to the Vice President, Civilian Markets Group, Homeland Security.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep understanding the mission objectives of the client space and have existing relationship in place with leadership, both at the CXO and Program Executive level. The candidate must be an effective senior sales leader, a self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction, and a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
The Business Development Executive’s responsibilities include:
• Identifying, qualifying and maturing opportunities that place SAIC in a competitively advantageous position to win and grow the business in the DHS space
• Determining pursue/no pursue decisions and leading opportunities throughout the qualification and capture process and staying deeply involved in developing the company’s win strategy.
• Conducting market analysis to identity and lead SAIC’s multi-year strategic growth plan
• Functioning as an industry expert, promote the complete portfolio of services from SAIC’s Market Segments to our client base that align with their mission objectives
• Spearheading consultative selling with DHS clients to identify and provide solutions that match their mission needs
• Serving as a trusted advisor to key clients
• Bachelor's degree and 15 years overall experience or equivalent
• 10+ years’ successful sales experience as Business Development Executive or Manager in the Department of Homeland Security marketplace
• 7+ years demonstrable experience spanning the entire life-cycle of sales to include prospecting, qualifying, capturing, and closing opportunities
• 7+ years’ experience using a formal sales capture processes
• 5+ year’s experience managing P&L
• Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, times& material, and performance based contracting are required.
• The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment.
• Must have a demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas.
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry- out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• The candidate should possess existing relationships with senior-level government executives.
• Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities.
The successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills as demonstrated by displaying expertise in, and an understanding of, the various functions that this role oversees. The candidate will have the strongest values and core beliefs: highest level of integrity, honesty and trustworthiness, the ability and courage to communicate problems and collaboratively analyze and implement effective solutions, the ability to build trust and credibility with DHS customers. A logical, fact based approach to leading this business area, as well as a strong sense of humility coupled with a high level of self-awareness and quiet confidence, is required.
The ideal candidate must exhibit the following characteristics:
• Leadership – An ability to establish a direction, influence behavior, demonstrate a decisive and direct nature; work with colleagues to mutually establish a vision that will motivate the organization around a set of common goals. An attention to detail is highly valued.
• Executive Presence – Leads by influence. Must be comfortable with ambiguity in a complex and evolving matrix-managed environment. A positive, proactive, “can do” attitude; self-confident without being overbearing; establishes credibility by treating others with respect and demonstrating an understanding of business; makes good decisions in a timely manner based upon sound analysis; is sought out for counsel and advice.
• Motivated – A self-starter needing nominal direction and no prodding; able to advance management’s agenda; possesses a strong sense of urgency and accomplishment.
• Values – A solid work ethic and high energy level, honest and straightforward, committed to delivering the highest level of integrity.
• Creativity – Innovative thinker, pushing the envelope when establishing approaches to enhance the company’s performance; acts as an internal catalyst for strategic thinking and able to envision non-traditional solutions.
• Consensus Building – An ability to nurture cross functional teams; able to forge effective working relationships with various parties, enabling them to work together toward common goals; flexible and collaborative approach.
• Judgment – A demeanor and style that engenders trust and confidence; a person who is sought out for his/her judgment and wisdom; a good listener and keen judge of people
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.