Job ID: 2016162
Location: FLEXWORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
GCP Cloud Engineer
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Cloud Engineer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. In this role you will help architect, design and build (must be hands on!) new capabilities for SAIC in GCP Environments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
· Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
· Serve as an experienced GCP resource with deep passion for the FULL suite of GCP services.
· Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are enterprise ready.
· Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our GCP foundational footprint capabilities.
· Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
· Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in GCP
· Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in GCP
· Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
· Work independently or as part of a small team to design, build, automate and document the a multi-tiered managed services platform
· Work independently or as part of a small team to build out automation GCP Deployment Manager or other like orchestration template technology in support of the managed services platform
· Write the required template documents, procedures or guides associate with the respective managed services
· Assist with the installation and configuration of a cloud management platform per the requirements of the respective services
· Write and implement the respective RBAC policies as required per the respective services
· Assist with the product evaluation, selection and implementation for respective managed services that require 3rd party products to support
· Design and develop the managed services release management capability for the platform
· May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
· Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
· U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
· Minimum of 8 years of technical professional experience
· Minimum of 2 years of professional GCP experience
· At least 1 GCP certifications
· Must be a self-starter and be effective independently and as part of a team
· Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
· Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in GCP architecture
· Advanced knowledge of Most of the GCP Platform Services including:
· Proficiency and experience with GCP developer tools and workflows (CLI, Deployment Manager, Cloud SDK, etc …)
· Must be a team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
· Taking ownership and acting with high sense of urgency, this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.