Job ID: 2016894
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, United States
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Supervisor to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Manage, supervise and coach team of Service Desk agents responsible to provide excellent customer service by supporting a wide range of technical and network solutions. Directly supervise agetns who serve as the initial point of resolution escalation supporting other agents who gather and analyze information about the user's issue to answer basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products to determine the best way to resolve their problem. Ensures overall resolution of technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May interact with customer process owners or system support specialists. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Solutions include, but are not limited to, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, resolving username and password problems, verifying proper hardware and software set up, resolving network connectivity issues and troubleshooting email issues.
• Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
• Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
• Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
• Escalation point of contact for customers via telephone, email or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
• Assists with navigating around application menus, may be required to remote into customer's computer.
• Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
• Assignments are task or activity oriented. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
• Decisions impact work unit operations. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in schedules and require the allocation of more people and financial resources.
• Interacts internally primarily with subordinates and other supervisors. External interactions typically with suppliers, vendors and/or customers for information sharing and basic problem resolution.
• Functions independently and provides assistance to newer support agents and or addresses more complex problems that are challenging less experienced agents
• Must be US Citizen and possess ability to obtain Federal Government Public Trust Clearance prior to starting assignment.
• HS degree + 10 years prior Service Desk / Help Desk experience required; or, AA Degree in related discipline + 7 years related experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years related experience; Masters and 3 years’ experience.
• Previous computer technical support preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
• Knowledgeable of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
• Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows 7 and 10 Operating systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
• Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer's issues.
HDI CSR preferred
ITIL v3 or v4 preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.