SAIC has a need for an experienced Test Engineer to support our FW_ASIL team on Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
- Individual will be responsible for converting test requirements into test plans and procedures, setup and program LabVIEW based test equipment, test execution for a hardware in loop laboratory environment, and test results reporting.
- Hardware communications between avionics equipment via Mil-Std-1553, ARINC 429, and RS-422, Ethernet, and various high and low speed data busses.
- Analysis of results digital data, discrete signals to evaluate equipment/system performance.
- Individual must be able to complete analysis in comparison to predicted results and succinctly communicate those results.
- The working environment is office / DoD Laboratory.
- Travel is less than 10% in support development of new avionic components.
- The desired experience is from circuit card to LRU to system.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field and 5 years of experience; years of experience can be used in lieu of degree.
Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Proficient in computational scripting with MATLAB, Python, and R with experience in areas of dynamic systems modeling, control systems design, image processing, signal processing, and machine learning
- Data Acquisition System (DAS) design, to include hardware and software integration and deployment; development of data acquisition software using Labview, Labview Real Time
- Experience developing modular test software using Labview for embedded data acquisition and control
- Experience developing test plans, test procedures, system-level O&M literature, Job Safety Analyses (JSA), and work orders
- Experience working as test conductor
- Developed test plans and created a test engineering database for configuration documentation
- System testing experience in laboratory, manufacturing, military environment
- Experience developing Test Plans and Procedures used in Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) / Hardware in loop (HIL) environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.