SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer to join one of our Navy contracts in the Washington D.C. area. As part of an Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team that supports the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems 1.0 (PEO IWS 1.0) AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) Program, this position will help manage the development of an AWS Baseline (BL). In this role, he/she will provide direct support the respective AEGIS BL Assistant Program Manager (APM).
- Organize program reviews and lead program management team meetings
- Facilitate land based test site scheduling
- Updating the BL Integrated Master Schedule on PowerPoint
- Posting programmatic artifacts on SharePoint
- Manage programmatic risks for BL configurations, host Risk Advisory Boards and Risk Reduction Meetings
- Facilitate Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) boards such as Preliminary Design Review or Software Increment Reviews
- Manage the land based test planning and execution
- Manage the BL’s System Requirements Verification Matrix (SRVM)
- Work with other PEO IWS 1.0 program branches, specifically Ship Integration and Test, Computing Infrastructure, Test and Evaluation, and Systems Engineering
- Coordinate BL development budgets and Task Planning Sheets
- Evaluate Commercial Off the Shelf SW, processors, peripherals and displays for future BLs
- Review Computer Program Correction Reports (CPCR), determine priorities and implement BL solutions
- Work with cyber experts to help develop AEGIS BL cybersecurity controls
- Apply advanced virtualization and Agile SW development concepts to BL development
- Manage Combat System Engineering Agent (prime vendor/OEM) contracts
- Support sea based testing on AEGIS cruisers and destroyers
- Coordinate Vertical Launch System (VLS) waivers, Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) approvals, and AEGIS Combat System (ACS) authorizations for various shipboard events
- Coordinate AWS certification with various stakeholders including Program Resource Acquisition Managers
- Transition BL management to an in service status
On the job training regarding the combat system, systems engineering and acquisition processes will be provide, making this an ideal position for a junior employee to join the DoD acquisition/systems engineering community. However, the candidate must bring organizational, communications and office environment skills to the job from day one.
Be able to run a productive meeting and to help guide a diverse integrated team of various stakeholders (contractors, developers, testers, government sponsors, technical warrant holders) toward a path of success.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Must effectively communicate with high-level Military, Government, and Contractor personnel.
Self-starter, energetic. Solid MS Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience identifying financial, personnel and IT resource requirements, conducting market research of tools and computing infrastructure, executing trade studies and drafting vendor contract requirements.
- AEGIS Combat Systems engineering or maintenance experience, especially related to the AEGIS computing infrastructure or the AEGIS Computer program.
- Civilian, contractor or military US Navy experience at sea or in a position directly supporting the fleet or the development of the fleet.
- Knowledge of broad principles of Systems Engineering and knowledge in support of System operations and Ship/System capabilities.
- Knowledge of US Navy Combat Systems, preferably AEGIS baselines.
- Fleet operational Combat Systems experience, preferably along the lines of a Tactical Action Officer, Combat Systems Officer, Systems Test Officer, or Combat Systems Maintenance Manager.
- Any and all IT knowledge to support development of this IT centric combat system DAWIA certification.
- Knowledge of the USN Combat Systems certification process. Background working with Naval Surface Warfare Centers Dahlgren Division, Port Hueneme Division, Corona Division, and the Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory, particularly within certification, M&S and/or T&E.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a face paced environment and know where to go to get answers to technical questions (e.g., contacts with and/or experience working with NSWC DD, LMCO, NSWC PHD, and SSCS WI).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.