SAIC has a requirement for a Lead Systems Engineer to serve in the Hanscom, AFB (MA) local vicinity.
This position provides Senior System Integration Engineering Support to the existing government program. The engineer is responsible for surveying, designing, integrating, implementing, testing, and potentially fielding Enterprise IT Systems. The engineer will support several other engineering teams within this program and regularly support government briefings, discussions, and engineering level activities.
- Designs, plans, and integrates Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)-based systems and virtualized systems using DevSecOps techniques.
- Build, configure, and test a variety of system designs supporting identification and authorization services, multilevel security (MLS), virtualization, encryption, system monitoring, and auditing.
- Develop project execution schedule to comprise planning, build, event execution, and tear-down tasks.
- Refines and optimizes infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by other architects.
- Adheres to appropriate architectural artifact requirements and best practices.
- May provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Automates configuration management, including modernization of network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring, logs, patching, and updates).
- Analyzes system designs for risks to data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- BA/BS computer engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree and 18+ years of experience. Experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years of Linux experience
- Experience designing, troubleshooting, integrating, and/or supporting multiple computing systems, including Linux platforms, Windows platforms, VMWare, Virtual Machines, etc
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Preferred Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Experience with DevSecOps preferred.
- IT Systems fielding experience preferred.
- Linux, networking, and virtualization certifications are very strongly preferred to demonstrate competence:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.