SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the Warrior Preparation Center (WPC) in Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany. The Cybersecurity System IA/McAfee SME will:
- Support the sustainment of the accredited cybersecurity posture of the WPC’s domain enclaves by actively tracking and maintaining each network’s cyber vulnerability level and system compliance to applicable DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs).
- Oversee and have knowledge of the operation and maintenance for Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) systems and scan/report production processes.
- Provide technical inputs for Cyber Vulnerability Management (CVM) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) regarding remediation timelines or vulnerability mitigation to sufficient detail.
- The contractor shall; identify, design and configure use cases/rules that address specific enterprise needs as well as evaluate existing SIEM standard content and use cases and adapt them to meet enterprise goals.
- Develop and test new correlation content and use cases using SIEM filters, rules, data monitors, active lists, and session lists.
- Develop and test new monitoring tools using SIEM active channels, dashboards, reports, and trends.
- Monitor and maintain overall system health of the SIEM.
- Identify opportunities to add-value to our managed security services.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of security counter-measures with the appropriate organizations.
- Develop and recommend security policies, standards and configurations.
- Design and implement the system logic to detect security threats.
- Provide system architecture design and planning for new SIEM/Log Management deployments in both hosted and cloud environments.
- The contractor shall; integrate different log sources into SIEM services.
- Provide recommendations for improvements on the existing set up.
- Write new correlation rules & fine tune existing rules in McAfee ESM.
- Provide security engineering to implement security controls and ensure these controls do not degrade performance and availability requirements needed to execute and sustain M&S/LVC exercises/events.
- Report security findings and issues associated with the SIEM/Log Management suite to the appropriate Cybersecurity POCs.
- Review system alarms from the SIEM (e.g., documents) for accuracy and perform hands-on testing of system security features.
- The contractor shall conduct facility visits to observe the actual processes related to each IA control (technical, personnel, operational, or management in nature).
- The contractor shall utilize tools such as Retina and Nessus scanners, DISA System Readiness Review (SRR) and Gold Disks, and database and web server security test tools
The following skills are required:
- Minimum 5 years data administration experience.
- Requires understanding of DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, 44 DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Physical Security principles, methods, and techniques.
- Experience with ACAS, HBSS or Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanners necessary.
- DOD 8570.1 IAT Level II Certification required.
- Operating system certication required i.e. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator.
- Desired Familiarity: McAfee SIEM suites, McAfee Endpoint Security, Microsoft Windows environment, UNIX, Linux, Hyperconvergence technology, VMWare, VDI zero client architecture.
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 4 years of experience is required.
Secret (fully adjudicated and eligible for NATO) security clearance is required for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.