The FSS organization currently has an opening for a Senior Accounting Analyst position within the Project Setup department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to advanced Costpoint project setup and analysis and to interact with various other areas within FSS.
This position will be responsible for end-to-end project setup activities including initial contract review, determining project setup requirements, and continued project maintenance. The responsibilities encompass the Costpoint system setup of projects with a major focus on the analysis of programs that could be comprised of various contract types to include Cost Plus, Time Material, Work-In-Process, Fixed Price, and Inter-Company. It is imperative that the applicant understands that the Project Setup team serves internal customers as a mediator, as a knowledgeable expert regarding the functions of project setup to include what inputs impact billing and revenue, and as a valued researcher from all points within the lifecycle of a contract.
The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of project setup activities. This includes understanding, interpreting, and analyzing complex levels of contracts and proposals in order to gather requirements to design a project setup configuration that meets billing, revenue recognition, reporting requirements, and various ad hoc duties.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
• Financial contract analysis
• Review and Approve Project setup of Peers
• Review and manage assignment of project change requests via internal ticketing tool
• Provide training/information to other functional areas to assist in the effectiveness of project setup activities
• Creating and maintaining intermediate to complex direct and indirect project structure/information
• Providing customer service to other functional areas
• Leading project setup meetings
• Collaborating with multiple functional areas at all leadership levels
• Analyzing billing and revenue issues and providing solutions that adhere to policy
• Resolving discrepancies and inaccuracies that will aid in proper billing to our external customers and revenue reporting to the SEC
Candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with moderate supervision, which will require a flexible schedule and occasional overtime (this will be a salaried position eligible with benefit of a 9/80 work schedule)
• Candidate must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
• Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication
Required Education & Experience:
• 6+ years of related experience or a Master's Degree plus 4+ years of related experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline is required
• Education may be substituted with two to four years of work project accounting experience
• Experience in Government Contracting. Previous exposure to SAIC policies and procedures and experience with Deltek Costpoint highly desirable
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.