SAIC is seeking an
experienced Senior Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Center. Responsible
for managing proposal efforts, as well as working closely with business
development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality
Federal Government proposals. Occasional travel may be possible. The successful
candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage proposals, including all
aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities,
kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development,
schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance
oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team
coordination, and production oversight.
- Develop/maintain proposal
management-related artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff
materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and
or annotated outlines, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up
agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review
- Review/analyze proposal sections
for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements,
and alignment with proposed solutions and themes and write/re-write
proposal sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal
- Collaborate with business
development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for
accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Manage and direct all
proposal efforts to include preparation, revision, and submission;
establishes and enforces the proposal schedule. Clarify, communicate, and
enforce roles and responsibilities of the proposal team members.
- Collaborate with the
capture manager, subject matter experts, and other writers to refine
proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and
reflection of win strategies.
- Assist in the development and
refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal
- Provide daily updates regarding
proposal progress to team via the daily stand-up: action items, identified
risks, section status, and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation
- Lead/facilitate/drive the
discussion during solution strategy sessions with capture manager, volume
lead(s), and subject matter experts; capturing and helping to document
customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, and features and
benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
- Work with the color review
leads to convene color teams and prepare color team package. Lead color
review recovery from post-review assessment to providing guidance for
implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
- Remain current on all
solicitation modifications and communicates them to the team. Revise
schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal
- Ensure proposal compliance,
checking submission for compliance regularly throughout the proposal
- Bachelor’s Degree (can be substituted with years of experience)
- 10 to 15 years of demonstrated experience managing and writing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to high-quality material
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent work ethic and excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Must possess Active Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.