Job ID: 2016491
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location on one of three shifts, including weekend/holiday rotations and on-call support.
Description of Duties:
• Monitor, triage, troubleshoot and perform systems administration, maintenance activities and periodic system health checks on a complex messaging platform.
• Perform operations and maintenance activities related to directory services, group policies, security compliance and data/systems backup.
• Install system/application patches. Perform periodically scheduled password cycling and virus definition updates.
• Develop, test and execute PowerShell scripts to check for potential system issues and automate routine tasks.
• Coordinate and interact with other service offices to remediate systems outages, performance degradations and network/application defects.
• Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012; Active Directory; Windows XP/2003/2007; Office 2010
• Reliability and strong sense of work commitment.
• Ability to follow Standard Operations Procedures and verbal direction.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivation, professional demeanor and accountability.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014; SharePoint Server 2007/2013; BizTalk Server 2009/2013; Internet Information Services (IIS); System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
• PowerShell scripting
• NetIQ AppManager Control Center; NetIQ AppManager Operator Console
• VMware vSphere Client, NetApp OnCommand System Manager 2.2
• Information Support Server Environment (ISSE) 3.x/4.x
• General switch, router and firewall management
• Network and Host Vulnerability Assessment / Mitigation
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
• ITIL Foundations
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA degree in related discipline and nine (9) years related experience; Or, High School and eleven (11) years related experience and related advanced certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.