Job ID: 2016482
Location: MIDDLETOWN, RI, United States
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated System engineer who will work effectively in a fast-paced environment. You will work at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication.
You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges. Your projects will include concept development; requirements development, design, and analysis; baseline management; architecture development; product evaluation, validation and verification; decision analysis; and/or system transition planning.
The System Engineer's activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
• Providing system-level engineering support and expertise to a cross-functional team.
• Providing preliminary solutions to engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
• Hardware design and development.
• Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation, such as Requirements Specifications, Concepts of Operation, Product and Performance Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Compliance Matrices, Qualification Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports.
• Development and documentation of engineering processes and standards in support of customer requirements.
Required Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience with a degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
• 5+ years experience in the Systems Engineering field
• Cameo System Modeling experience
• Must possess a Secret Clearance
• Electro-mechanical hardware design and engineering
• Experience with the marine environment and naval operations and systems
• MK48 experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.