SAIC is seeking a Configuration Analyst in Washington, D.C.
- The Configuration Analyst will assist in documenting and tracking all aspects of system development and modifications.
- Reviews all issued document change requests, document change notices and associated drawings for accuracy, completeness and proper signatures.
- Maintain databases.
- Submits engineering changes to customers for review and approval; maintains records and submit reports regarding status.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Additional Job Duties:
Support NAVSEA PEO IWS1 with system integration and Life Cycle Management (LCM) of AEGIS Weapons Systems (AWS) to Aegis Combat Systems (ACS) IDSs
Provide verbal high level weekly or bi-weekly statues to IWS1CM concerning new, primary, and urgent Interface Design Specifications (IDS) issues,
Plan, coordinate and host, a bi-monthly IDS cross functional team workload meeting to provide IDS and ICR statuses, and discuss issues and concerns, and IDS Schedules
Prepare, update and maintain AEGIS management workload plans, schedules, and briefs.
Track AEGIS baselines and IWS1.0 IDSs and Interface Change Requests ICRs documentations status through approval
Ensure IDS and ICR adheres to IWS 1.0 guidance and formats
Provide the IDS technical community guidance for preparing documentation prior to distribution for formal review and comment
Prioritize Weapon Specs revisions with approved ICRs (IDS Change Updates)
Verify and approve combat system VIEWNet (SharePoint) account user requests
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Understand the AEGIS Combat System, AEGIS Baselines and Advance Capability Build (ACB) Technical Insertion (TI) program
Understand Systems Engineering and Configuration Management process
Familiar with Weapon Specifications and Interface Design Specifications (IDS)
Ability to review technical documents and translate review findings into concise comments
Ability to interpret technical comments and implement into the IDS
Proficient in the MSOffice Suite (Word, excel, powerpoint), adobe acrobat, familiar with VIEWNet
Good oral and written skills
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. Clearance will not be required to begin work.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.