SAIC is currently looking to hire a Project Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Candidate will provide engineering and documentation support for an Engineering Team at a customer location. Efforts will be focused towards integration of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) electronics for military C4I systems.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Leading multi-disciplinary technical teams of 1-5 people including mechanical, electrical, systems, and network engineers and drafters.
- Coordination between multiple technical and programmatic stakeholders to drive technical deliveries within scope and schedule for designs, technical data packages (TDP’s), and engineering developmental models (EDM’s).
- Identifying, documenting, and verifying system requirements with attention to shipboard, submarine, shore, and aircraft platform requirements.
- Guiding development, reviewing, and approving of designs and documentation for electronic equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies.
- Reviewing and approving detailed drawings and designs including detailed parts for manufacturing and integration.
- Reviewing and approving detailed cable fabrication drawings, interconnect diagrams, and assembly work instructions.
- Overseeing fit-check and quality assurance (QA) on prototype metal assemblies and supporting first article integration activities.
- Enforcing configuration management (CM) of engineering drawings and TDP elements including validation, review, approval, and incorporation of engineering change notices (ECN’s).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 5 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of ASME Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM) including ASME Y14.5, MIL-STD-31000, or other industry documentation standards.
- Candidate must be able to understand scope of work and lead technical teams to completion within established schedules.
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment to provide technical guidance and team leadership.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Candidate must be able to accept directions and constructive criticism and also be able to professionally deliver direction and critiques.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Security clearance required:
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance before being able to start with the ability to obtain a final Secret Clearance.
- Minimum of 1 year cumulative experience in the design and fabrication of electronic enclosures and rack mount equipment.
- Experience in the development of systems hosted within EIA/ECA-310 racks desired.
- Familiarity with military environmental test standards including Navy shipboard shock, vibration, electromagnetic compatibility, power utilization, and COTS hardening desired.
- Experience with Solidworks software for review of 3D models and associated drawings.
- Experience with AutoCAD software for review of 2D models and associated drawings.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.