SAIC is seeking experienced professionals to join the National Security Customer Group (NSCG). The NSG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis, and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the next generation national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
NSCG has an opening for an Electro Optical (EO) Engineer to provide technical advisory services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer is developing the next-generation of space and ground systems architectures, hardware, and software solutions.
The EO supports the System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of electro optical systems development and acquisitions that advance the customer’s space resiliency posture. The EO is an individual contributor and member of a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that work to support the Government through lifecycle systems engineering and management processes to deliver desired capabilities and meet overall program objectives. Specifically, the EO Engineer will serve as on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) to:
• Oversees design and development of electro-optical systems and components, including telescopes, electro-optics, detector, and lasers across the application spectrum from space satellites to ground-based sensors
• Applies complex optical specifications, tolerances, simulations, and test procedures for electro-optical systems and components
• Assists the Government in developing concept of operations (CONOPS) and approaches to employment of optical systems
• Ensures research and development (R&D) efforts are planned and conducted on sound engineering practices including management of technical risks
• Provides technical support to Government customer activities and programmatic processes
• Develops documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, briefs Government and industry as required
• Develops electro-optical models to inform Government systems engineering trades
• Supports Contract Officer Technical Representatives (COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain SMEs and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission requirements
• Provides oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the Electro Optical systems elements, functionality, interfaces, manufacture, build, test, and operations to ensure end-to-end system closure and satisfaction of mission need
• Reviews Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives
• Participates in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR
Travel is between 25%-30%
• Bachelor degree in optics, optical engineering, or a related technical discipline
• Minimum of 9 years of related experience or 7 years with Masters or 4 years with PhD
• Knowledge of how electro-optical systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested
• Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications, MatLab, or other high level optical tool and optical modeling software
• Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Travel is ~25-30%
- Experience with optical and/or stray- light modeling software
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.