Job ID: 2016313
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Vice President of Strategic Business Development. This person will be a key member of the leadership team in our Strategy and Growth organization. The VP, Strategic Business Development will be responsible for developing SAIC’s pipeline to drive significant organic growth and market leadership. They will work with leaders across the organization to ensure strategic business plans are successfully executed to win and grow at scale. This position will report to our SVP of Strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Lead strategy and governance for an evolved BD growth mindset, defining an overarching BD approach (framework, pipeline alignment to company ‘gameboard’) that enables proactive, strategic and priority lifecycle capture (identification through award)
· Manage team responsible for capture and proposal development for strategic opportunities, defined as top company opportunities and net-new/differentiated offerings or delivery models tied to the strategy
· Engage externally with executive customers and acquisition leaders to shape requirements and introduce capabilities; represent the company on industry councils to include acquisition shaping and reform
· Redefine and manage competitive intelligence function focused on environmental trends, industry disruption potential, and deal-specific needs spanning services, solutions, and products
· Redefine enterprise approach to Price-to-Win capability to focus on strategic opportunities, GWACs, and new business models
· Mature GWAC Management Office, focused on coordinated relationships and negotiations
· Develop, coordinate, and maintain strategic industry partnerships to ensure optimal visibility
· Lead strategic business development initiatives including the identification and development of new and differentiated bid growth. Leverages existing capabilities to meet customer's evolving needs as well as drive expansion to new and related markets.
· Lead initiatives to ensure the continued development of staff within the Growth office
· Aggressively leverage current GWAC/IDIQs to pursue and diversify business.
· Meet with industry peers and form strategic partnerships. Work directly with the Competitive Intelligence team to formulate competitor assessments.
· Implement standards and metrics for development and management of a robust pipeline of opportunities
· Meet with customers as well as coach BD/capture and line personnel in best practices for customer engagement and to enhance win rate
Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study
• More than 15 years of experience leading enterprise BD organizations with focus on strategic, complex captures for government technology adoption ranging in size (up to multi-billion dollar values), scope (emerging concepts and technologies), and vehicles (e.g., schedules, OTAs, managed services)
· Proven track record of success in capturing and winning new and diversified business. Familiar with best practices in these named areas.
• 10+ years of relevant experience working with federal, state and local and commercial, with a strong preference for experience across multiple customer agencies.
• 10+ years managing senior personnel, in either a formal line relationship or as the lead for complex programs that shape demand, lead gen, and execution of captures and proposals. Proven track record in mentoring and teaching BD, capture, and proposal skills with a focus on demand generation.
· Proven ability to apply organizational design/development experience to support transforming and upskilling a culture of BD focused on enterprise and industry-wide trend identification and analysis.
• Proven ability to lead an enterprise BD community responsible for large and complex deals that often incorporate new offerings, emerging technologies, and/or new delivery models.
• Proven ability to set guidelines, criteria, and best-in-class competencies for BD engagement in customer engagement, capture, and proposal preparation for large (>$250M) proposals.
• Proven ability to engage with and successfully influence customers, corporate leadership, and industry peers.
• Excels at identifying, shaping, and cultivating growth opportunities in early stage maturation from problem identification through solutioning, competitive positioning, and proposal development
• Knowledge of Federal business acquisition process and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
• Experience identifying and developing requirements for deal, CRM, and related data analysis tools and systems. Proficient with the use of business software, including Microsoft Office Suite and at least one Customer Relations Management tool (e.g., Deltek CRM, Salesforce).
• Ability to travel up to 20%
• Strong demonstrated leadership abilities and experience.
• Capability to execute on vision, drive business results, and strategic growth in a highly competitive environment.
• Demonstrated capability to lead organizations focused on execution and growth, and build and sustain customer intimacy at the highest levels. A personal style which encompasses a consultative approach to developing culture, colleague networks, and customer relationship management.
• Strong executive presence and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, other functions, and across internal business organizations; strong industry network.
• Sound business judgment and strong operational acumen
• Possess ability and skills necessary to motivate at all levels of the organization. He/she will have a personal style that generates high levels of confidence and inspires teamwork and customer focus. In addition, he/she must have a style that fosters a "can-do" attitude and a sense of trust and integrity. Must demonstrate a natural tendency to treat people with respect and adherence to a high standard of strong personal integrity. Must be direct and transparent.
• High sense of urgency, positive outlook.
• Ability to identify, attract, and retain high quality people of diverse backgrounds who bring along other high quality people to build an exceptional organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills including ability to actively listen, read audiences, and quickly identify key issues and areas of need.
• Excellent writing and public speaking skills, including strong presentation and proposal writing capabilities, and ability to actively assist capture and proposal teams in the completion of compliant and compelling proposals that perfectly address the needs of the customer
• This key individual will be hands-on, action-oriented, and client-focused to drive for results and deliver on new business growth goals and win rates
• Able to thrive in multi-functional interactive team environments
• Able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and deliver on multiple priorities.
• Driven, astute, attentive to detail, credible and dedicated to strategizing and producing work of the highest caliber
• Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment.
• Advanced degree preferred: MBA, or relevant Master’s Degree
• Prior experience as a senior Growth Executive, with >$500M annual revenue portfolio and leadership/management of >10+ BD/capture professionals
• Experience as a mentor or coach working directly with line, capture, and proposal staff on large opportunities, with preference for significant experience as a proposal writing instructor or coach.
• Experience with a populated joint venture or a joint venture established under the Small Business Administration (SBA) All Small Mentor Protégé Program.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.