Operations Center – Watch Officer, provides leadership and management for the IT Service Organization Operations Center support networking, voice services, security operations, enterprise mobility, email, and other related collaboration, communications and messaging systems for the Department of State worldwide. Develops and initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Operations Center within the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program.
The Technical Effort includes:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Enterprise Incidents and Changes for the Operations Center on the assigned shift.
- Coordinates support of the Department of State Enterprise-wide systems and services associated with networking, voice services, security operations, email and related collaboration tools, and Enterprise mobility and messaging.
- Develops and manages ITIL-based services using Service Operations, Service Transition and Continual Service Improvement methodologies.
- Reviews the effectiveness and efficiency of the Incident and Change Management framework and processes.
- Interfaces, coordinates, and resolves issues with multiple senior government managers and worldwide embassies and posts.
- Conducts data analysis independently and in coordination with service areas to quickly identify system and service issues.
- Conducts long range planning to ensure system and service continuity of operations (i.e. power outages and Enterprise-affecting projects).
- Frequently interacts with outside customers and functional peer groups.
- Provides programmatic and technical guidance to other personnel as needed.
- Develops written procedures related to service activities.
- Ensures that internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Fosters a comprehensive understanding of how all areas collectively integrate and contribute towards achieving the Operation Center’s objectives.
- Ensures vendor performance during the shift is monitored and actions taken if warranted
- Ensure that the Ops Center has the minimum staff members to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Be familiar with the Escalating Procedures of all other operation centers.
- Ensure that all outages and issues are reported in a accurate and timely fashion.
- Expertise in Active Directory, Email Operations, or System Administration
Teamwork and Diversity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute towards program goals
- Willingness to exercise initiative with focus on enhancing the team effort.
- Ability to acknowledge, respect and appreciate each team member's contributions and find value in diverse cultures and perspectives.
- Ability to exercise fairness in dealings without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) difficult/sensitive information tactfully and in accordance with established communication security policies to senior level management.
- Ability to escalate issues in timing with standing operating procedures.
- Ability to cordially assist and maintain professionalism in high-stress environments.
- Ability to employ unbiased listening and be responsive to customer questions and requests.
- Sustained focus and interest in problem solving.
- Strong Networking background
- Working knowledge of WAN technotlogies.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP LAN technologies
- Knowledge of enterprise network operations and computing technologies including MS Exchange 2010, MS O365, AD/Exchange integration, enterprise networks.
Formal Education & Certification
- BS degree in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology with 10 years of experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of experience in Information Technology, or 15 years of Information Technology experience.
Formal industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP – various); CISCO CCNA or Comptia Network+; Experience with ServiceNow, Remedy, MS SCOM, NETIQ, VSphere or NeuralStar
Candidate must be a US Citizen and either possess or be able to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance at the level of Top Secret.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.