The SAIC is looking for a Certified Cloud Solution Architect; this position is a contingent position in the . SAIC will provide support services to meet the strategic goals consistent with federal regulations, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policies and industry best practices. All while promoting and protecting public health.
The AWS GovCloud infrastructure consists of five Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) with ~130 servers deployed across all five VPCs. Microsoft Azure is still in early/proof of concept stage. The Certified Cloud Solution Architect will be expected to support all other IaaS providers to the same level as AWS.
Accordingly, the Certified Cloud Solution Architect shall:
- Operate, maintain, manage, troubleshoot and configure all FedRAMP services that have received an Authorization to Operate (ATO) from the government team.
- Install, operate, maintain, manage, troubleshoot, tune, configure, and upgrade as required the entire traffic and virtual load balancer infrastructure within public Cloud Service Provider.
- Install, operate, maintain, manage, troubleshoot, tune, configure, and upgrade as required the backup and recovery environment within the public Cloud Service Providers (CSP). Perform backups of all virtual appliances in the public CSPs on a nightly basis excluding weekends.
- Respond to and resolve all approved service requests for changes to the externally hosted equipment, including virtual farms, health checks, load distribution changes (e.g. Elastic Load Balancer, virtual F5 load balancer):
- Development and Test area –Four (4) Elastic Load Balancers (Hosted in AWS GovCloud)
- Production area –Two (2) Elastic Internal Load Balancers (Hosted in AWS GovCloud)
- Operate, maintain, manage, monitor, troubleshoot, tune, and configure network connectivity between the public CSPs and the government network.
- Operate, maintain, manage, monitor, troubleshoot, tune, and configure as required firewall infrastructure within the public CSP.
- Maintain and manage five (5) approved virtual images within a given public CSP.
- Create, test, validate, implement, and maintain all approved alerting on public CSP network and security devices.
- Install, operate, maintain, manage, troubleshoot, tune, configure, and upgrade as required the entire vulnerability scanning infrastructure. (e.g. Nessus).
- Operate, maintain, manage, troubleshoot, tune, configure, and upgrade as required the Cloud Management Platform used to manage all cloud environments.
- Create reports for metering/chargeback to track cloud resource usage across centers and/or projects/applications.
- Create, manage, and maintain an SOP, SCP, installation guide, and CONOPS.
- Install, operate, maintain, manage and upgrade the entire Cloud Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS) Infrastructure.
- Operate, maintain, manage, tune, and upgrade the entire Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) software and hardware environment.
- Operate, maintain, and manage the entire security patch management process and environment using only approved software.
- Operate, maintain and manage tools for API proxy.
- Employ the use of standard IT automation tools (with API access) where possible, including integrating with the Cloud Management Platform, to streamline the infrastructure tasks on which application development depends.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Commercial Cloud Services, including AWS, AZURE, CLOUD+ or other comparable professional certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Tier 2 - Sensitive Moderate Risk
- College Graduate desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.