Job ID: 2016114
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
The International Trade Compliance Analyst has primary responsibility of supporting the International Trade Compliance Department (ITC). In this role, the ITC Analyst works with ITC Leadership and Program Management to ensure compliance with all applicable: (1) licensing and agreements activities; (2) SAIC policies and procedures; and (3) US and foreign international trade compliance legal and regulatory requirements.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Act as primary coordinator for company licensing activities, ensuring compliance with U.S. export/import laws and regulations as well as SAIC policies, instructions and manuals.
• Coordinating closely with the ITC Empowered Officials on all export and import related matters.
• Provide guidance to on increasing complex ITC issues to internal customers on all matters concerning export/import activities.
• Support centralized licensing processes by reviewing, editing, submitting and providing feedback to internal customers for all U.S government licensing activities, including but not limited to U.S Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Treasury.
• Ensure practical due diligence is conducted on international business transactions.
• Remain current with U.S. government policies, regulations, procedures including Federal Register Notices and Export Control Reforms and assist in implementing SAIC and U.S. Government updates and changes within the company.
• Assist in developing and implementing international trade compliance training as well as conduct required training to all identified personnel and programs including general, specific and targeted export/import compliance training.
• Support the ITC Department in maintaining the compliance posture of SAIC such as updating/maintaining policies, instructions and manuals, related governance documents, completing internal audit and assessments and reviewing/reporting potential instances of non-compliance.
• Support physical export/import transactions through review, edit/comment and approval of invoices, shipping documentation and AES entries, closely coordinate with internal transportation/logistics personnel on movement of equipment as well as with brokers and freight forwarders.
• Review and approve requests for employees’ foreign travel and foreign person visitor access to SAIC sites
• Manage any potential anti-boycott requests including working with Legal and U.S. Department of Commerce on reporting requirements and resolutions.
• Maintain regulatory required and other appropriate records and documentation in an organized an easily searchable format.
• Manage and meet multiple goals, plans and milestones
• Assist in other International Trade Compliance initiatives as necessary.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the cooperation of others
• Must be comfortable consulting or receiving concerns with employees company-wide to ensure objectivity and timely response while operating in a confidential environment
• Must be comfortable training multiple audiences and attendees
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
1-3 years of experience in International Policy, Trade or applicable regulatory compliance related roles.
• Practical experience with and demonstrated understanding of U.S. Government Regulations to include: International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customers and Border Protection regulations, Office of Foreign Asset Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and Federal Trade Regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to stay current of changes in Export/Import regulations and accurately interpret the same.
• Strong commitment to integrity and professionalism
• Ability to regularly exercise independent judgment in determining the reliability of data reviewed.
• Capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure while maintaining composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
• Demonstrated assertiveness with internal clients and successful track record of creating compliant solutions for internal customers
• Familiarity with OCR/EASE Global Trade Management tool
• Prior experience in other compliance fields such as anti-corruption laws and regulations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.