Job ID: 2016043
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for an experienced Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), Battle Management / Command and Control (BMC2) Mission Systems Engineer to support strategic initiatives within the company, including internal investment projects (IR&D) and external customer support. Mission Engineer will:
· Contribute to and design detailed technical approach ensuring critical focus on C5ISR and BMC2 Integration for Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2)
· Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
· Execution of technical tasks as assigned.
· Provide expert feedback regarding solution feasibility and level of efforts.
· Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
· Demonstrate in-depth understanding of all components that make up an “All-Domain Operations” with the ability to articulate creative solution with the customers and teammates in order to implement workable solutions.
· Support new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and basis of estimate
· Support strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development
· Interpret customer specifications and system level requirements to ensure that recommendations are aligned to the expectations of the mission
· In conjunction with the team, develop an executable strategy and operational plan to ensure that scope, cost and schedule meet commitments
· Serve as a subject matter expert with respect to Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems Engineering and Architecture
· Bachelor’s Degree with 20+ years of engineering experience
· 10+ years of experience with Joint/coalition BMC2 and C5ISR technologies
· 5+ years of Systems Engineering, experience in Air Force Theater Air Control Systems (Air Force Operations Centers, JSTARS, AWACS, CRC etc) which can include up to 2 years of test and eval experience
· 5+ experience with Air Force System Acquisitions and mission requirements
· Extensive experience supporting the DoD and/or coalition partners in technical leadership roles
· Background in airborne, ground, or space communication programs
· Active TS/SCI desired, or recently held
· Working knowledge of state of the art C4I, C5I systems and operations
· At least one year experience with MBSE and Digital Engineering to include advanced M&S
· Experience with LVC C2 operations including distributed testing of C2 systems with HWIL and system emulations
· Proficiency in defining system level design and creating the system, subsystem and element requirements
· Experience in Technical Proposal Writing
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.